Google Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,641 Interview Reviews

3.4

2,641 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

One hour technical phone interview. Spoke with a recruiter who explained the on site interview process and answered any questions I had. On site interview consisted of 4 separate one hour technical interviews with a 35 minute lunch "interview" between.

Interview Questions

• Find n closest points to the origin (any language)   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had phone screen, two separate onsites (5 people and 2 people), then two or three more committees.

The frustrating thing is, the process from application to offer took SIX FREAKING MONTHS. Yes, thats SIX (6) months. Granted, a month of that was my own scheduling conflicts, but still, I felt like they were dragging their feet even though I had a competing offer. The phone screen interviewer even forgot to enter feedback. It was utterly frustrating.

Interview Questions

• NDA, but none of the questions were predictable. I believe Google strongly encourages interviewers to ask NEW questions, so your best bet is to focus on fundamentals not any particular types of problems/techniques   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Awesome process. Very simple questions. Keep your nerves cool. Don't worry about very complex questions on the Internet. Do basics and you should be good. I screwed up two simple questions and not expecting offer. I will apply again next year .

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter.
    Took 3 weeks (and that's because I dragged it out) They waived my phone screen due to positive internal feedback + previous interview's result.
    Overall expreience was great. Recruiters were very responsive. (I was taken aback a bit by some of the interviews. They had this arrogant, for lack of better words, attitude that I couldn't really get over. )

Interview Questions

• NDA - but general CS concept. (Leetcode hard/medium level questions)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in September 2017.

Interview

I applied at career fair at my university, and hear back after 3 weeks. The interviewer is very nice. Although I did not get an offer, but it's a very nice experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Kirkland, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very positive experience with plenty of heads up for the interview, I have prepared for a few days and thought it would be easy for the first round interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic algorithm in the first round   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I did an internship during the summer at Google. At the end I asked for conversion and had 2 onsite interviews. After the interviews, my interview feedbacks as well as my internship feedbacks went to hiring committee and then I got approved.

Interview Questions

• A question which I had to use DFS to solve it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

got an email from a recruiter that i had to give a test. coding test then i solved both questions but time complexity was of O(n^2) maybe that is the reason of rejection

Interview Questions

• both questions were from leetcode Given a string s, find the longest palindromic substring in s. You may assume that the maximum length of s is 1000.   2 Answers

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Two 45 min phone interviews. Pretty standard technical questions covering algorithms and data structures. Most material covered in introductory programming classes. Good knowledge of one programming language necessary. Got referred by a previous intern, was contacted by a recruiter to set up date and time for phone screen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter first. I spent two weeks preparing for the technical phone interview. The phone interview involved some questions about my past projects, then coding exercise using google doc.

Interview Questions

• Topological sort for directed Graph   1 Answer