Google Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,399 Interview Reviews

3.4

2,399 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2017.

Interview

Referred by Google employee; completed online coding test, and then had two phone screens. The questions were hard, but honestly, not impossible and very doable overall. I highly recommend scheduling your Google interview after some other interviews so you have practice. If I had scheduled mine just a few weeks later, when I had already faced similar interviews at many other companies, I'm confident I would've passed the interview. The questions weren't out-of-this-world difficult. I heard that I was rejected about two weeks after my interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions on graph searching (think DFS, BFS), tree traversal (think inorder, preorder, postorder), array and string manipulation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who led me through the hiring process. He was very helpful and accommodating. I was initially given an online coding test with two problems with the second being more difficult than the first but overall not too difficult. Once I cleared that, I had a technical phone interview with a google engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

So far the process has been an informal chat with a technical sourcer / recruiter at google and then a technical phone screen with an engineer. The recruiter will give you a bunch of resources and links which you should look through, and you should really truely know.

Interview Questions

• I was asked for a brief description of my experience, a question about how I would solve a simple technical problem, and then a coding question to come up with a pretty simple algorithm.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me, and waived phone interview for me. I went for onsite with 5 interviews. 4 coding and 1design. All the interviewers are from ads team although this is a general hiring without any specific teams.

Interview Questions

• The design is closely related with what I have done in the past. The coding is mostly questions from leetcode   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for Software Engineer, University Graduate position, after passing the online test, I had a phone interview, there are two questions, and I failed at the second one, the second one is actually doable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

A google recruiter reached out to me. He gave me a basic overview of the interview process. He gave me information in regards on how to prepare for the interview. I schedule the first interview through a recruiter, it took me the whole 45 mins to complete technical problem. However, I explained my approach to solving the problem. After the initial interview, another technical interview was schedule where another technical problem was given. It was a different and more difficult than the first one. I gave an overview by mouth on how to solve the problem but I couldn't code it. Google hires ppl who can code. That's my opinion. So if you are first out of college and don't have any experience they won't hire you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was quick. Phone interview scheduled very soon after I sent in my resume. Interviewer was nice over the phone. I found it a little daunting that they did not do a HR interview before a technical one. I personally would have liked to have a chance to get to know the company more before being drilled on my skills.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, specifically strings and hash maps. I found the question very difficult.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

OA->Phone Interview1->Phone Interview2
    The first interviewer is very nice. I was too nervous at that time. But he give my hints and lead me to the correct answer. The second Interview is ok, I think i performed much better than the first turn. But rejected.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google in January 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone. It was a two-round interview with each 45 minutes and 15 minutes break in between.

The interviewer introduced themselves and went on to coding questions. I had 3 coding questions for each round.

After the coding questions, there is a session for me to ask questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a coding test as well as got a call for a telephonic interview. Scheduled two interviews 45 mins each. Followed by one more telephonic interview because they said they were not sure. So scheduled one more interview. First two interviews were good. Third interview could hav been better if I had stick to the basics Suggestion: Even if you know an optimal solution stick to the basics and make sure you code completely. Completeness of the code is really important. Thank You

Interview Questions

• 1. basic matrix manipulation question.
      2. Basic String manipulation question
      3. Max squares in a rectangle.
      4. Pattern matching between input and array of Strings