Google Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Software Engineering Intern Interview Questions

3.4

123 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted my resume online on their website. A recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks. Interview times are very flexible. Gave me a whole month to pick dates from. I had two phone interviews (45 minutes each) back to back.

Interview Questions

• This was my first technical interview, so I was very unprepared. I will say prepare well. The first interview was not really hard, and the interview help you a lot through the process. Think loud while you are coding (on Google Doc), interviewer will help you, and it allows him to analyze your problem solving skills. It consisted of some String related questions, their efficiencies and way to improve your code.

The second interview was meant to be hard (as the interviewer himself mentioned. It was supposed to check your limit. I will not disclose the questions, as I respect their policy. But know you Data Structures well! Like really well. And also efficiency of algorithms.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Had my resume in a database for a women's conference. Google reviewed it and contacted me for an interview at the conference. No phone screen, just two interviews on-site, back to back, each 45 minutes. Asked me questions that involved recursion.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

2 Technical interviews, 1 host matching interview (more explaining the project than an interview)
    Everyone was very nice in the process and very quick to respond if I had any questions.
    Really no surprises in the process, brush up on key Cormen data structures chapters before hand.

Interview Questions

• Signed an NDA to not disclose questions but TopCoder, GlassDoor, LeetCode, ProjectEuler and CareerCup will give you almost all of the types of questions you will see.
      The questions were not super complicated, but were able to probe if you have a basic algorithms / CS background quite well.
      Know your Big-Os of standard operations on datastructures, worst case/ best case/average case analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

They were very prompt when it comes to recruiting. It took me about 3 weeks from the moment I applied to the point where I had all the interviews. My advice is to practice doing easy/medium problems of Div. 1

Interviewers were helpful in general.

Pay close attention to data structures and algorithms. You need not know anything more than what is being in the standard courses of the university with a good CS program.

Interview Questions

• Signed the NDA :(
      Basic stuff. If you do well on Topcoder algorithms - you should be fine.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that put me through two back to back interviews.

The questions were interesting and definitely took time to answer.

Once the interviews were over, I was put into a host matching period where I had to wait for someone at Google to want to take me as an intern.

Interview Questions

• Not going to disclose the questions but data structures with a sweet twist :).   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews plus host matching interview

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Interview

Was contacted by HR almost immediately after applying. I filled out a candidate questionnaire and was scheduled to interview on-campus at my school. The questions were straightforward problems and overall not very difficult (analysis of algorithms, sorting, data structures). They asked me about my past experience, various projects I've worked on, what was the biggest challenge for me writing software. I had to sign a NDA related to interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project you worked on? Explain why.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Had two phone interviews. Asked basic questions, algorithm, OOP, complexity, data structures, and some probability problems. The interviewers are nice. They do not expect you to answer all of their problems, but to see how far you can go with these problems.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

One round OCR followed by one round of phone interviews. Questions were actually pretty straightforward. In the end I spent 6 weeks in host selection before being told they couldn't find a project. I made the mistake of not recruiting during the host selection process, hedge your bets and keep other options on the table.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

two 45-min interviews, First talk about resume and two basic coding questions: hashMap and Newton-raphson functions. Second, talk about two basic coding questions: hashMap and flatten iterator.
    I didn't work out the iterator question and finally get rejected.