Google Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,490 Interview Reviews

3.4

2,490 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviews were conducted in on site and they asked me questions pertaining to the skills required for the job. Went through multiple interviews and thought the process was fair. Will be interested if they have more opportunities in embedded projects.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I gave an online coding test. After clearing the test I received an email to schedule a phone interview. This was a coding interview and they asked problems relating to algorithms and data structures.

Interview Questions

• They were more interested in your approach to solving the problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

2 phone screens back to back. pretty professional and straightforward. a lot of interns have trouble in the host matching process but they said they were willing to extend me an offer before i got host matched

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Interview

Had 5 rounds onsite at the Kirkland campus after phone screen. All interviewers were nice and smart (except one who appeared rude). Glassdoor and leetcode helped. Was asked some questions on C++ internals.

Interview Questions

• 1. Strings
      2. Binary Search Tree
      3. Greedy
      4. Graph search
      5. 2D Matrix
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly. I was given a problem to solve. I solved the problem and he appreciated few measures I took to reduce time complexity. I think my weakness was my nervousness. I was very scared as it was my first ever job interview. I realized I should have practiced before and hopefully had interviewing experience before. I directly jumped on coding and was not explaining the interviewer properly. Anyhow, I had a good learning experience and hope it helps me in future interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer started with small talk and then a problem. He asked me to write an algorithm first and calculate it's time complexity. Then code it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Submitted my resume and CV online. For the first round, I completed a coding challenge of 2 questions for 1 hour. This is followed by a phone screen through Google Hangout.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation, multiple recursion, scalability, machine learning algorithms   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Did an all day interview at Google in CA. Had 5 interviewers grill me on questions ranging from graph theory to binary search tree algorithms. A lunch break where we got some good food and I had time to learn more about Google was nice. The interviews were sadly, mostly about them learning what algorithms you know versus your experience. Very little time to actually learn about where you might actually end up.

Interview Questions

• Implement the Java String.contains method and describe the speed of your implementation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Skipped the phone screen and went straight to onsite interview. Recruiter wasn't in the office that day and there were a few logistical hiccups in the morning but otherwise went fine.

Interview Questions

• Given a 2D matrix find the path with the maximum product.   1 Answer
    • Design an algorithm for a Roomba cleaning bot.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was good process, just make sure you know your programming concepts for the language you choose for the technical interview. It's not an ideal way to discuss a coding problem over Google docs, but that comes with experience in discussing code.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I had two technical phone rounds. I cleared the first round but was rejected after second round. They asked two design questions and two coding questions in total. The design questions were not framed properly and one of them I felt was actually an algo question. After trying to ask for more details and talking about what all information I would need to solve the problem optimally, he told me that he was expecting a design answer.

Interview Questions

• Design question, coding question related to linked lists.   Answer Question