Google Software Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,528 Interview Reviews

3.4

2,528 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Contacted recruiter. After that, recruiter reached out and set up phone interview. Then I was offered to go onsite with 4-5 more interviews. The whole process was extremely efficient and accommodating.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. Initial phone call with recruiter followed by two rounds of phone interviews. Standard algorithmic questions with coding on a shared google doc. I was rejected after the second round of phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of strings with duplicates, return an array with unique strings in the same order as they appear in original array. E.g. ['Hello', 'World', 'World', 'Awesome', 'Hello', 'Awesome'] -> ['Hello', 'World', 'Awesome']   1 Answer
    • Given a start and end point in a sparse matrix, update the rectangle of entries from start to end. Asked to implement it with a 'matrix' class and an 'update' member function.   1 Answer
    • Sudoku Valid Checker   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Online coding test, then 1 phone interview, and ended with 4 onsite technical interviews. Onsite interviews were really challenging but I solved 3 out of 4 of them. The one I didn't was a really challenging dynamic programming question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

1 coding round, 1 telephonic interview and then 4 interviews(excluding the lunch interview) onsite.
    In the telephonic interview, I was asked theoretical questions unlike any experience I've heard and 1 very simple coding question. Onsite, 2 rounds were on data structures and 2 were on algorithms.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interviews were conducted in on site and they asked me questions pertaining to the skills required for the job. Went through multiple interviews and thought the process was fair. Will be interested if they have more opportunities in embedded projects.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

It's largely logistical: gathering info on your interests and ensuring the role matches them confirming your location preferences, work authorization, visa requirements understanding your decision timeline and desired start date; competing offers?

Interview Questions

• Given a time, your mission is to calculate the angle between the hour hand and the minute hand on an analog clock and return it in radians.
      The returned value should be written as a reduced fraction or, if the fraction's denominator is 1, as a regular number. There should be no multiplication sign in front of pi.
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I gave an online coding test. After clearing the test I received an email to schedule a phone interview. This was a coding interview and they asked problems relating to algorithms and data structures.

Interview Questions

• They were more interested in your approach to solving the problem.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

2 phone screens back to back. pretty professional and straightforward. a lot of interns have trouble in the host matching process but they said they were willing to extend me an offer before i got host matched

Interview Questions

• some basic data structures / algorithm questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Interview

Had 5 rounds onsite at the Kirkland campus after phone screen. All interviewers were nice and smart (except one who appeared rude). Glassdoor and leetcode helped. Was asked some questions on C++ internals.

Interview Questions

• 1. Strings
      2. Binary Search Tree
      3. Greedy
      4. Graph search
      5. 2D Matrix
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly. I was given a problem to solve. I solved the problem and he appreciated few measures I took to reduce time complexity. I think my weakness was my nervousness. I was very scared as it was my first ever job interview. I realized I should have practiced before and hopefully had interviewing experience before. I directly jumped on coding and was not explaining the interviewer properly. Anyhow, I had a good learning experience and hope it helps me in future interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer started with small talk and then a problem. He asked me to write an algorithm first and calculate it's time complexity. Then code it.   1 Answer