Google Statistician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Statistician Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.2

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Phone interview. Basic statistic test question. Normally they expect you to be able to answer at least four questions. Three questions are related to the statistical test. z-test, t-test, F-test and their application area.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (San Francisco, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

Sent in an application October 2017. Heard back fairly quickly. Phone interview at the beginning of November. 2 weeks later I received an email about an onsite. Flew out to SF December 1. 4 - 45 minute interviews both technical (coding) and hypothetical and behavioral questions. 1 non-formal lunch. Still waiting to hear back with results of onsite, going on 6+ weeks. Would recommend applying months in advance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied online. After 4 days, I got a chance to interview at google. I had a phone call with the recruiter, which is mainly about what the interview procedures would be like. The recruiter then settled up a phone interview for me. The phone interview is 1 hour long. At the first 5 minutes, we both introduced ourselves. Then I was asked some statistical and coding questions for next 40 minutes. The rest 15 minutes was about asking questions to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• One probability question and one r coding. Teams A and B are playing a game with 7 matches. A has probability p to win a match. What's the probability A wins the game at the 7th match.   6 Answers

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google in November 2015.

Interview

The recruiter sent email and called to chat for about 30-min. Then I'm asked to finish one questionnaire and set up a technical meeting with an interviewer. The overall conversation was not very comfortable and, sort of awkward actually. The interviewer asked questions directly without making any self-introduction. The questions were not very difficult, but

Interview Questions

• How do you explain your research to a non-statistician?
      Coin-flipping questions.
      How do you analyze the data if they don't follow a normal distribution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

It was a setback. very disorganized. made me drive a car when I arrive to the airport. multiple interviewers did not show up. I do not recommend this company. they are a big name but sure do not seem to care about the employees and act as the best company in the world. thumbs down.

Interview Questions

• nothing hard really. but bad attitude from some interviewers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Google (Baltimore, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

First round phone interview. Ask three probability and statistical problems. Last about 45 minutes. After three days I received the result and told me to apply for it in the future.

Interview Questions

• First one is a problem of indicator function. And then is about how to decide a questionnaire, and the third one is how to choose a point uniformly from a unit circle.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, asked two statistical questions and one coding question. Talked about what does google do and so on. Questions are not hard at all, and the Interviewer is very kind. However, after the phone interview I waited one and half week for the result.

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Introduce yourself and some follow-up questions of your projects. Then ask some basic statistic questions and a simulated situation with a series of analysis questions

Interview Questions

• Didn't expect some basic questions like conjugate family   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in March 2013.

Interview

5 weeks after the first phone interview, they finally scheduled the second phone interview. Ironically, one question was asked in both the first and the second phone interview.

The first interview, a couple of statistics question, one probability questions. The second interview, after asking that same question, another statistics question.

Google hired some people with no statistics degree to work as statistician, asked a statistics PhD student of statistics questions, and then said you don't understand basic statistics concepts. - that is the summary of my interview experience.

Interview Questions

• With a data set from normal distribution, suppose you can't get any observation greater than 5, how to estimate the mean?   2 Answers

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online directly, and received the HR's email a month later. After answering 13 questions, a phone interview was made.

Interview Questions

• (1) 20 hard drivers under monitor for 100 hours. 4 of them were broken. The broken time was recorded. Provide a good estimator of the mean of the life time of the hard drive? Any assumption?

(2) Compare two algorithms. The old algorithms was running in 50 countries and the running time of 4 consecutive weeks was recorded. Then the new algorithm was tested. The same countries, each countries 4 weeks records. So in total, we have 50 * 8 measurements. How to compare these two algorithms.   2 Answers