Google Interview Questions in Switzerland | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.5

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in March 2017.

Interview

1. Phone screening with recruiter, who gave some info as to what expect from step 2 — around three areas: Product Design & Strategy, Analytical ability, Technical skills.

2. Hangouts interview with a product manager. Compared to the expectation from step 1: no questions on technical skills, but a question related to creativity.

Interview Questions

• several incremental questions around the scenario of expanding an existing product to a new market.   1 Answer
    • creativity question; given an object, shoot out off-label uses for it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Interview

The hiring process consists in two hangouts interviews and a full day multiple interview session at their office. Recruiters are cool and always at your disposal. Only the first interview is not technical, the others are strongly oriented to algorithms and data structures.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews with two engineers, one of them was from Zurich. First I was asked about one of the project I've provided on my resume and then we began to discuss the problem proposed for my interview process. Both engineers were happy to answer my questions and it was a beautiful experience.

Interview Questions

• Count the number of set bits in a given number.
      Talked about complexities in general and usage of memory. I was also asked what would I do with unlimited memory.
      1 Answer

SWE/SRE Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in November 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to an employee for referral
    A human recruiter contacted me and told me to fill a questionnaire about my skills and interests
    I attended a interview preparation session on google hangouts
    I had to schedule two 45min interviews and choose programming language (C++,Python,Java)
    Technical Interviews - like competitive programming - codeforces, topcoder
    I failed the interviews, but if I hadn't, the next stage would be find a host team

Interview Questions

• Count consecutive equal integers in an array
      Depth first search using recursion
      Topological sort with cycle detection
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process took two months. Applied through employee referral and had a 2 interviews via Google Hangouts. Then there is a host matching phase where I had several host matching interviews until matched with a project.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms and data structures questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in November 2016.

Interview

I got recommended by a former colleague, recruiter called me, introduced me to the hiring process, very professional. Then a Phonescreen was set-up. After the Phone screen I got invited to the onsite interviews (5). 4 of them were on coding, 1 was system design.

Interview Questions

• How would you design twitter to scale?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

Been contacted by a recruiter after an employee referral. After a couple of phone calls with the recruiter I had a Phone screening interview and 5 on-site interviews. Both of them involved solving relatively short programming problems. The problems are roughly at the same level of top-coder medium problems.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in October 2016.

Interview

All was perfect, I went to Zurich, all expenses are reimbused by Google. Other than this all was perfect and well-designed. Even Google gave lots of gifts before the interview.

Software Development Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewers were pleasant and helpful. The questions were programming problems based around fairly difficult puzzles and algorithms. There were 2 interviews of roughly 45 minutes each at the end of which I was asked to ask my queries. I was required to discuss my algorithm/solution to the problem, think of more efficient alternates, think up an implementation and code clean and bug free on google docs in a language out of C++/Java/Python.

Interview Questions

• How do you evaluate the reverse polish notation. Additionally implement a variant that also allows assigning values to variables, recalling them and reassigning them as an addition to the RPN.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in October 2016.

Interview

The very next day after appling on the company website I have got a call from one of their recruiters. We scheduled a first on screen hangout. After that we schedule a technical interview with a Google engineer on screen via shared drive document of about 45min. I decided to take 1 week from the first general interview to the second technical one in order to study.

Interview Questions

• To implement in Java a Breadth First Search on a NxN char grid in order to find the shortest path to a desired char starting from a random position.   1 Answer