Google Technical Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2018

3.4

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Long interview process, hiring based on GPA and job performance. Phone interviews can be 1-3. Onsite interview one round of 4 interviews, can be 30-45 min. Once hiring manager gives thumbs up recruiter has to complete a packet to justify hiring. Two formal review committes to respond to. All hiring is done through committee. Hiring manager has no recourse.

Interview Questions

• Brain teasers - no correct answer, evaluate throught process   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Contacted by a staffing agency for a 1 year contract role with Google as a recruiter. I had two face to face interviews with 2 people on each occasion. They asked a lot of problem solving questions with no correct answers, they wanted to see my process for solving the problem and arriving at the answer. They want to know which Google products you use, your familiarity with their technology. Overall they were not very friendly and this was not an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• How long would it take a Google car to photograph the entire city of San Francisco for Google map street view.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Background

I submitted my resume through Nelson staffing on LinkedIn on a Wednesday. I was contacted by a Recruiter the next day. We discussed my experience and she informed me of the different positions that she was currently working on and thought my background best matched a Technical Recruiting position at Google. The following day (Thursday) , I was contacted by another Recruiter at Nelson. We also discussed my background and experience and she told me she would submit my resume to the hiring manager.

Phone Interview

One of the Technical Recruiting Leads called me the next day (Friday) for our scheduled phone interview. The phone interview was fairly standard. He asked me how many positions I work on simultaneously. One analytical question he asked me was how I would go about sourcing for five software engineers. He also asked me how many people I expected to call to source for these five positions as well as how many resumes I would send to the managers. He also asked what I was passionate about and what I enjoyed doing outside of work. I was contacted by my second Recruiter at Nelson to coordinate an on-site interview on Monday.

On-Site Interview

On Friday of the following week, I was set for my on-site interview, which I was told would consist of three 1-on-1 interviews with three different Recruiting Leads. Each individual interview lasted 30 minutes long and they were held consecutively with no breaks. The interviews themselves got progressively worse as the day went on. I would definitely offer a five minute break between interviews to use the restroom or whatnot. Another Glassdoor review noted that he was extremely tired by the third interview. I completely agree. It is a bit tiring to talk about yourself with no break for 90 minutes straight. Expect each of them to bring in a laptop and to type on it while you answer their questions.

1) First manager - Friendly - The first interview went well. It was almost conversational and extremely fluid. Standard questions about my experience and my interests.

2) Second manager - Disinterested - Asked me the same questions as the first interviewer but the second interviewer seemed extremely uninterested in what I had to say. It was hard to tell if she was actually listening to the content of my responses and she would even repeat back everything I would say in the form of a question, which came off as very trivializing. She also hardly looked at me when I would answer. Her eyes were mainly focused on her laptop while she was typing. One question that she asked me was, "If Mountain View was the only Google office location, where in the United States would you open a second office and what factors would go into that decision making?"

3) Third manager - Arrogant - The third interviewer came off as extremely arrogant and uncomfortable. He interrupted me several times when I would answer his questions. He also had this pensive look on his face after each of my responses like he doubted my answer. It was fairly condescending. He did ask me two difficult questions including "What is more important - meeting your metrics or a candidate's experience?" and "How would I go about forming a team to create a marketing video for a new Google software product that has not been released yet?" He made it a point to tell me about his background as well including the fact that he went to a top school and was in consulting for several years before his time at Google.

Conclusion

For a group of people that are trying to ensure a positive candidate experience, the overall interview process left me flabbergasted and irritated. I left the interview knowing that I wouldn't accept an offer, even if one was presented to me. In any case, an offer was not extended. Please don't think that I'm one of those bitter interviewees after a difficult job interview. The interview process at Google made me very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• How would I go about forming a team to create a marketing video for a new Google software product that has not been released yet?   Answer Question
    • How did you prepare for this interview?   Answer Question
    • If Mountain View was the only Google office location, where in the United States would you open a second office and what factors would go into that decision making?   Answer Question
    • What is more important - meeting your metrics or a candidate's experience?   Answer Question

Technical Recruiter Interview

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. Did one phone interview and then a 1/2 day in person interview at Google HQ. Questions were not unexpected.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

applied online. contacted via email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Put me through several interviews and never bothered to follow up with me afterwards. I still have no idea if I am still in consideration or not. As a recruiter, this sours me on the company.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you to find the 5 best Java developers in Russia, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Austin, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by the sourcing team lead via my LinkedIn account. After the course of a few weeks, and a few phone calls, I was asked to come in for an on-site. This consisted of three, 30 min. individual interviews with various leaders of the Austin sourcing team.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Austin, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after I submitted an online application. Revised my resume, got submitted, and was asked on-site for an interview. I met with a Google employee via web-conference for about 30 minutes, then a face-to-face interview for another 30 minutes. Briefly talked about my resume and the description of the job, but the questions were primarily asked to see your thought process around problems. No brain-teasers, just questions focused on determining how I would go about problem solving. All in all, a very straightforward process and not too intimidating.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember the specific phrasing, but it was a question trying to elicit my thought process of how to find very unique information. And, how do you define success? How do you define hard work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me far more than I would have expected, so I simply accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

They call you with an initial talk with their staffing agency and discuss your resume, expected salary, etc. Then a google hangout or in person interview is set up to talk to the hiring managers for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are the three attributes you believe a successful technical recruiter should have?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Boolean search quiz
    Vendor/Company competitive info
    Metrics

Google declined my candidature because of a silly question someone asked and I chose Cisco where I was the most successful recruiter there. I went to a start-up after that pulled engineers out of Google and made millions and have been super happy that I didn't join Google.