Google Technical Solutions Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Technical Solutions Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Google

3.2

Technical Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter asking about skills and experience that applied to job posting. After that, it was a technical interview with a manager that was supposed to be through a Google Hangout. The hangout didn't work on their end, so it ended up just being another phone interview. Asked quite a few technical questions, some business-related questions (specifically about Google Ads), and then was asked to write an algorithm.

Interview Questions

• Describe what happens when you go to google.com in the most technical way you can.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process overall was very clear. The recruiter was extremely proactive in keeping in touch with me, very prompt responses and very friendly. I had an initial conversation with the recruiter and then a Google Hangout interview with the Manager. It was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• How would you detect how long a page takes to load?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for a Software Engineering job, and then contacted by a Google recruiter that asked if I was interested in this position. The first step was a phone screen with the recruiter which was followed up about a week later with an online, 1-hour Google Hangout interview. The next day I was contact to schedule a day for an on-site interview which ended up being about 2 weeks later. This interview consisted of 4 45-minute interviews, 2 non-technical, 1 more technical, and 1 completely technical coding interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a system to do X? Which technologies would you use and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It started with a friendly phone screen, followed by a technical phone interview via phone. Then I was flown up to their office in New York, where I was interviewed by 4 different people. Three of them via video conference. The interviews in the New York were fairly OK, except for the coding question. I found that one to be hard and the interviewer was quite harsh in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• When you type google.com in your browser, what happens?   1 Answer

Technical Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google in March 2019.

Interview

The interview lasted for an hour where I got asked two situational based questions for the first 30 minutes and asked to code at the end for another 25 minutes before it ended with me asking the interviewer questions about Google.

Interview Questions

• Given that a site takes forever to load, how would you troubleshoot the cause of the problem?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Extremely long interview process. Started with initial call with recruiter. Followed by a technical phone screen. After that I had an onsite where I interviewed with 5 different people ranging from TSC's, to software engineers, to hiring managers. The onsite was a great experience. Up to this point I was informed that the onsite would be the last step in the process, but this was not the case. They requested to do another follow up technical interview. After this, I thought this was the end. Nope! All the positive feedback came in, but apparently I now have to find a "hiring manager" that wants me to join his/her team. What?? I ultimately found a team and manager that wanted me. Final two steps is passing a final hiring committee and then the offer committe. You can get turned down (despite all the prior positive feedback) by someone reviewing your resume in 1 min in either of these committees. I was ultimately turned down by the offer committee. The entire process was about 3-4 months. It just doesn't seem right to waste this much of someone's time only to be rejected by a committee who review your background for 1-2 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Sent application and received some responses from recruiters about positions - software engineering and TSC. I was intrigued by this role so I decided to interview for it. 2 rounds of phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Product related troubleshooting - eg. if Gmail stopped working, what would you do immediately?   1 Answer

Technical Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google in February 2018.

Interview

First, a phone screen occurred followed by a Hangout technical interview. Did not make it to the on-site technical interview which would've closed out the process. Not supposed to give specifics on the questions asked in detail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Chicago, IL) in July 2018.

Interview

In total there was 6 interviews - 1 phone screen, 1 hangouts, and on site which consisted of 4 interviews. In general the process was smooth, but the recruiter was sometimes unresponsive for long times.

Interview Questions

• Design a url shortening service   2 Answers

Technical Solutions Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I initially interviewed with the google apm intern role, but was waitlisted because I applied too late. The recruiter then asks me to interview for more technical role which still had openings. There were 1 interview about algorithm, web technologies. There is also one behavioral interview.