Google Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

3.4

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about 6 weeks.
    I was contacted by a recruiter, due to my HackerRank profile.

I first had a non-technical phone interview with the recruiter, who:
    - explained about the SRE role and environment,
    - asked about my level of knowledge on approx. 20 subjects (programming languages, technologies, IT skills, CS subjects); these subjects, as well as my resume, helped them determine the content of the upcoming technical interviews
    - asked a few canned questions about algorithms, data structures and Unix internals

Second step was a technical 45 minutes phone interview with a Google SRE, with coding in a share Google doc
    Quickly got a positive feedback on the technical interview by email from the recruiter; she transferred me to another recruiter to schedule the on-site interviews one month later. The other recruiter provided a lot of preparation information for the on-site interviews.

Thirds step was the on-site interview: one day with 5 technical coding/design interviews of 45 minutes with Google engineers + a 45 minute lunch with another engineer. I got a positive impression of the whole day, very friendly and positive attitude from the interviewers.

Finally got a call from the recruiter, one week after the on-site, telling me that the hiring committee had not recommended hiring me. No details given (company policy).

Interview Questions

• Complex design problem of a large scale system. Fortunately, the information provided by the recruiter helped me prepare for such a question.   Answer Question

BusinessLondon Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process started in November and finished in March. Patience is the key word here. The recruiter was always in communication and notified me every time I passed a level. It was an overall great process and well handled.

The interview was 2 back to back 30min interviews with 2 managers. Both were very receptive and kind. Very calm interview with no curveballs. Google want to know who YOU are!

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time you used metrics in your workplace
      Q: How would you take YouTube customer satisfaction from 80-90%
      Q: Tell me about yourself?
      Q: How do you manage your time?
      Q: Explain a recent time where you had to manage your time properly
      Answer Question

Workshop and Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Was contacted through an agent who arranged the interview. This was a 2 stage interview that took place on Hangout and lasted about 45min-1h. I was interviewed by 3 people, each in different locations

Interview Questions

• How have you managed a difficult relationship with a colleague ?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online received a Hangout interview invitation. The recruiter was rude. She called me during her lunch break, it was a lot of noise on the background and I had to struggle to hear what she was saying.

Interview Questions

• are you familiar with graph algorithms?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Took two weeks for them to get back at me and schedule two phone screen interviews, 45 mins each. Interviewer was really nice. The whole process was easy but lengthy.

Interview Questions

• Find all the possible words that a sequence of Morse code letters can represent   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin. I had a brief conversation about uni and modules I take and after that I was scheduled with 2 technical interviews on Google Hangouts. One of them was very technical (data structures, algorithms) and the 2nd one was more about problem solving

Interview Questions

• traversing through a binary tree, how to get random numbers with different probabilities   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Refereed through Google summer of code program. A recruiter then took my application and setup interviews for me. They also gave a lot of useful interview tips (links and videos). I good book to study with is Cracking The Coding Interview. 2 Google hangout technical interviews. Second interviewer explained the problem badly so be sure to ask him questions if you don't understand.

Interview Questions

• single linked lists, sorting algorithms and complexities   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

1 X telephone screening and then 4 X onsite interviews. All interviewers extremely nice although typing notes onto laptops can be off putting. Questions varied from personality-based, to cognitive ability (the quirky questions!) to more role related stuff.

Interview Questions

• How many hairs are there on a dog?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got called in for an interview. There were two 1:1 interviews over Hangouts on the same day. There was an optional briefing session (also over Hangouts) where the recruitment process was described and questions were answered.
    I was impressed with how much they seemed to want the candidates to be prepared. They give several links to access some preparation materials, including a guide written by Google specifically for the internship recruitment process.

The recruiter and also the interviewers were quite nice. But I think they could have allowed more room to think. I felt that both interviewers sort of had their own line of thought and wanted me to follow it, instead of giving me freedom to approach the problem on my own first. I feel that if the questions were harder, I would have been able to demonstrate my analytical skills better.

Interview Questions

• The first interview started off with some theoretical questions about data structures and ended with a simple coding exercise followed by a bit tougher problem regarding scalability. The entire second interview consisted of one problem. They expect you to answer questions at the end, so have some good questions ready.   1 Answer

Business Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2016.

Interview

I had a great experience while interviewing with Google. Before I mostly interviewed with investment banks and I can't even compare the difference in the attitude of Google HR vs HR at banks as well as interviewers. HR at Google are there for you and really want you to succeed so you may have any questions before the interviews they will try to help you! Interviewers were genuinely interested in getting to know me, my strengths and weaknesses and through rigorous case studies my abilities to step out of my comfort zone and think on a spot. It is a bit like a consulting interviews where they can give you hints/or you ask questions while solving a case study. Overall, my personal advice for you is to do not underestimate the preparation! I spent a LOT of time researching and learning about Google and it worked out! I am joining Google in June 2017!

Interview Questions

• Since I can't share the exact case study questions I got asked, I will give you an overview of the content. Every interview was focused on examining a different skill set, unlike investment banking interviews( which I was more familiar with) the questions were often very unexpected so they put you on the spot and you have to give them an answer, which might seem hard at the beginning but at the end of the day they mainly want to see your way of thinking. Many questions were focused on assessing my personality and skills like teamwork, analytical thinking, problem-solving. Unlike banking interviews, here you can't come across too confident because that's just not what they are looking for. So my advice is to be yourself, know a lot about Google products and how they generate revenue and talk about your extraordinary achievements! Being average won't get you a job at Google- you need to be outstanding and extremely motivated, driven. Good luck!   Answer Question