Google Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

3.4

204 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Long interview process with bizarre preliminary questions. Interesting dynamic but not a lot of room for creativity.

The prior work I had to do for the interview was not connected to the job I was applying for which I found a bit bizarre and I wasn't sure what to do in order to connect what I was preparing for with the actual interview

Associate Account Strategist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Very fast response (1 to 3 days), professional HR, provided a lot of information about Google to prepare for the interview,
    1st interview was with HR
    2nd interview was with someone from the sales department
    (3rd interview would have been in Dublin, but i didn't get to the last stage)

overall good impression

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Over Hangouts:
    - Pre-screening interview with the recruiter
    - Coding coaching session
    - Coding interview on a shared Google doc
    - System Design coaching session
    On site:
    - 4 coding interviews on Algorithms and Data Structures
    - 1 System Design interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions with a strong focus on Algorithms and Data Structures. I cannot disclose content.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn saying my profile would be a great fit and he would like to talk with me. We exchanged several emails, agreed on a time, and then he never showed up to the phone interview. He didn't respond to any of my follow up emails asking what happened. Very unprofessional.

Cloud Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

A few phone interviews and one final interview with some people live and some other remotely. This last part was totally awful. Firstly the video conference system (their own handgout) didn't work well at all especially when document sharing was needed. The worst was that panel that was supposed to evaluate me over a mock didn't even know for what job I was applying and what was the mock about. So, they started to ask questions on a situation which was supposed to be quite the opposite of what I was given. Finally, on the second part the mock, something I pick they were careless. They surely thought I had not googleness but it is me that I'll never wanna work for such a company with self-centric people. Btw, the people that were supposed to evaluated me technically were so ignorant about they topic which make me wonder how they can actually sell their cloud to large companies.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The whole process took about 6 weeks.
    I was contacted by a recruiter, due to my HackerRank profile.

I first had a non-technical phone interview with the recruiter, who:
    - explained about the SRE role and environment,
    - asked about my level of knowledge on approx. 20 subjects (programming languages, technologies, IT skills, CS subjects); these subjects, as well as my resume, helped them determine the content of the upcoming technical interviews
    - asked a few canned questions about algorithms, data structures and Unix internals

Second step was a technical 45 minutes phone interview with a Google SRE, with coding in a share Google doc
    Quickly got a positive feedback on the technical interview by email from the recruiter; she transferred me to another recruiter to schedule the on-site interviews one month later. The other recruiter provided a lot of preparation information for the on-site interviews.

Thirds step was the on-site interview: one day with 5 technical coding/design interviews of 45 minutes with Google engineers + a 45 minute lunch with another engineer. I got a positive impression of the whole day, very friendly and positive attitude from the interviewers.

Finally got a call from the recruiter, one week after the on-site, telling me that the hiring committee had not recommended hiring me. No details given (company policy).

Interview Questions

• Complex design problem of a large scale system. Fortunately, the information provided by the recruiter helped me prepare for such a question.   1 Answer

Deal Desk Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on the website, I was contacted by HR a few months later. I had an initial phone interview with HR, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. We both realized my experience was slightly different from the job (though the naming was the same). I didn't get to the next phase, feedback was that they had better matching candidates. Communication was good during the whole process, positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were the (deal desk team) manager?   Answer Question

Workshop and Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Was contacted through an agent who arranged the interview. This was a 2 stage interview that took place on Hangout and lasted about 45min-1h. I was interviewed by 3 people, each in different locations

Interview Questions

• How have you managed a difficult relationship with a colleague ?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online received a Hangout interview invitation. The recruiter was rude. She called me during her lunch break, it was a lot of noise on the background and I had to struggle to hear what she was saying.

Interview Questions

• are you familiar with graph algorithms?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Took two weeks for them to get back at me and schedule two phone screen interviews, 45 mins each. Interviewer was really nice. The whole process was easy but lengthy.

Interview Questions

• Find all the possible words that a sequence of Morse code letters can represent   1 Answer