Google Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 19, 2017

3.4

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

a phone interview to access, first the guy introduce the job and process, and then ask me if I have any questions
    then start ask serveral question including algorithms, linux /unix systems

Staffing Associate Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in August 2016.

Interview

I completed a telephone call with a Recruiter from their Dublin office who was extremely honest and professional. He put me forward for the role after the conversation.

The process after this was a Telephone interview for problem solving with someone for the team in the US, again which was highly professional and engaging.

After passing this section I was invited to a face to face interview in the London office. It wasn't explained that it was going to be two back to back competency interviews(one complete by two people in the office another through video to Paris office) but it was still an amazing, unique experience. I was made feel like a real guest and the interviews really put me at ease with the manner.

Questions are confidential but were all based around scenarios related to the job.

Feedback took almost two weeks and I was told I was unsuccessful, which was not a shock as the time that had past. This was the only real negative part of the experience as I would've liked to find out sooner but honestly the best interview process I have ever been to hands down.

Music Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Team lead that I had the interview with was quite irritated and seemed like it's no fun at all to work with him. It was very discouraging to spent 30 minutes in such stressed atmosphere. I don't know if it was because of some private issues or because of his personality.

Interview Questions

• How people listen to music in your country?   2 Answers

Technical Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

2 Phone, 2 Hangouts and 2 On-site interviews
    Everything will be described to you by Email - if you learn the stuff which are mentioned by mail, then it is doable.

Questions in web tech (http, dns, routing), behavioural questions, programming interview, and linux.

Overall all interviewers were very friendly and polite, provided help when I got stuck and it was more like a discussion with a technical fellow and didn't feel like an interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

There are two steps in the interviewing process:
    #1 - Phone Interview
    #2 - Onsite Interviews.

The phone interview will last ~1h and a software engineer will contact you directly (via hangouts/phone). He will ask you questions about programming problems and general computer science questions (e.g., O notation). Be prepared! There are a lot online resources (e.g., the book "Cracking the Code Interviews") and it is just a matter of reading and practicing. If you feel comfortable with solving problems in online platforms (leetcode, topcode, etc.), then you won't have a bad time during the interview and it will be an interesting talk between two engineers ;)

If you pass in the phone interview, then you'll be invited for the onsite interviews!!! They will arrange everything for you (filghts, hotel, travel expenses, basically everything). I was very well received at the hotel and I felt like being part of Google. The hotel receptionist told me things, like: "since your company is Google you have this and this and that. (...) Since you are a Googler, you can access that and that and that.." It was a very welcome reception and the best part was when I got to my room, I had a letter from Google with my name in it, saying "Thank you for traveling all the way to meet us!".
    About the interviews: they aren't easy and the interviewers will try to crack you up (I did crack in one of them... I couldn't do a simple DFS in a tree!!! A thing that I was really prepared for..." But it is just a matter of sitting down and breathe in and breathe out... calm down, it is the interviewer's role to try to crack you. :D
    Mainly you will have 5 interviews in one day, all of them will start with a problem, you can try to solve it with brute-force, but obviously that you have to reach to a better or an optimal solution. The idea behind the process is not to find if you had reach the final solution, but more on how you get through the problem and how you solve the in-between problems (like different inputs, race conditions, distributed systems, etc.).
    At the end, I must say that I was really really exhausted... However, it was a day to remember forever! It was a pleasure to meet everyone there, to be and see a Google office from inside and, finally, talk and share ideas with all the well-educated and fantastic minds of Google software engineers.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview: Longest Common subsequence in a string and sorting questions.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First stage was a phone call, going trough my CV, and some job related questions. After that I had face to face interview, with two members of recruitment team. The face to face interview was an hour long.

Software Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had two tele phone interviews, a couple of weeks apart. Then I was invited for a series of on-site interviews. It took half a day and consisted of five 45-minute interviews, plus a lunch interview where I was shown around the office and got to sample the Google canteen!

Interview Questions

• Given a series of flight departures and arrivals, what was the maximum number of flights in the air at any one time?
      Given a set of strings, output equivalence classes of anagrams.
      Given a set of strings, output equivalence classes of by-character rotations.
      Design a class that takes a runnable object, and runs it at a particular time.
      Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

A 3 stage process, two video phone calls a week apart and one face to face with a prospect colleague in the UK. I got through to the third stage, the reason for not getting an offer was that I did not no know enough about Google Play. However I provided adequate knowldge for someone who has never used the Google Play product. both interviews stated I did not need to know much about product but must be willing to learn, so in fairness - the reasoning was a contradiction.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Really poor, very OTT contact to start with then nothing. Spoke with a really miserable recruiter in Ireland for the telephone screen who spent less than ten minutes going through a questionnaire to ascertain whether or not I would be suitable. Clearly has way too many people to speak with and a complete waste of time for the candidate when you consider how much prep goes into an interview. They could at least spend twenty minutes trying to gain a basic understanding of someone's experience and /or ask questions beyond, 'tell me about yourself'.
    They are looking for volume recruiters who are not consultative and merely forward CV's.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How many placements a 1/4?
      How much direct sourcing do you do?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process was quick, before and afterwards as well. I applied online and I've been recommended by a fried.

However the experience was a vary sad one: while I was describing the first solution that came to mind I have admitted that it is not the optimal one. The interviewer asked me to write it anyway. I started to write the code and after 3,4 minutes I realised what was the optimal way to do it. I asked two times if I should write the optimal solution, but the interviewer insisted to write the first one. After finishing the first solution in about 20 minutes, he thanked me and leaved the interview. ps: i have copied my c# (preferred c# cause i was working at that moment with c#) code in visual studio and executed perfectly fine! not even a single error. Just it was not the optimal solution, but again, he insisted that I should write this one.

While writing the code, the interviewer seemed busy with some other things, didn't even hear some of my explanations. The most weird moment was when he got interrupted by someone else, in the office, and asked how much time it will take us to finish. He answered like 5 minutes but were talking by less than 15 minutes.

I have received a rejecting email by the end of the same day with the classical " you are good and experienced and bla bla.. but you are not a fit for the moment".

Anyway, I was expecting a professional interview at Google, but not! not even close..

Interview Questions

• Display all the numbers from 0 to 1000000. All the digits of a displayed number should be different.   3 Answers