Google Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

3.3

280 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Took two weeks for them to get back at me and schedule two phone screen interviews, 45 mins each. Interviewer was really nice. The whole process was easy but lengthy.

Interview Questions

• Find all the possible words that a sequence of Morse code letters can represent   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin. I had a brief conversation about uni and modules I take and after that I was scheduled with 2 technical interviews on Google Hangouts. One of them was very technical (data structures, algorithms) and the 2nd one was more about problem solving

Interview Questions

• traversing through a binary tree, how to get random numbers with different probabilities   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Refereed through Google summer of code program. A recruiter then took my application and setup interviews for me. They also gave a lot of useful interview tips (links and videos). I good book to study with is Cracking The Coding Interview. 2 Google hangout technical interviews. Second interviewer explained the problem badly so be sure to ask him questions if you don't understand.

Interview Questions

• single linked lists, sorting algorithms and complexities   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

1 X telephone screening and then 4 X onsite interviews. All interviewers extremely nice although typing notes onto laptops can be off putting. Questions varied from personality-based, to cognitive ability (the quirky questions!) to more role related stuff.

Interview Questions

• How many hairs are there on a dog?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got called in for an interview. There were two 1:1 interviews over Hangouts on the same day. There was an optional briefing session (also over Hangouts) where the recruitment process was described and questions were answered.
    I was impressed with how much they seemed to want the candidates to be prepared. They give several links to access some preparation materials, including a guide written by Google specifically for the internship recruitment process.

The recruiter and also the interviewers were quite nice. But I think they could have allowed more room to think. I felt that both interviewers sort of had their own line of thought and wanted me to follow it, instead of giving me freedom to approach the problem on my own first. I feel that if the questions were harder, I would have been able to demonstrate my analytical skills better.

Interview Questions

• The first interview started off with some theoretical questions about data structures and ended with a simple coding exercise followed by a bit tougher problem regarding scalability. The entire second interview consisted of one problem. They expect you to answer questions at the end, so have some good questions ready.   1 Answer

Business Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in November 2016.

Interview

I had a great experience while interviewing with Google. Before I mostly interviewed with investment banks and I can't even compare the difference in the attitude of Google HR vs HR at banks as well as interviewers. HR at Google are there for you and really want you to succeed so you may have any questions before the interviews they will try to help you! Interviewers were genuinely interested in getting to know me, my strengths and weaknesses and through rigorous case studies my abilities to step out of my comfort zone and think on a spot. It is a bit like a consulting interviews where they can give you hints/or you ask questions while solving a case study. Overall, my personal advice for you is to do not underestimate the preparation! I spent a LOT of time researching and learning about Google and it worked out! I am joining Google in June 2017!

Interview Questions

• Since I can't share the exact case study questions I got asked, I will give you an overview of the content. Every interview was focused on examining a different skill set, unlike investment banking interviews( which I was more familiar with) the questions were often very unexpected so they put you on the spot and you have to give them an answer, which might seem hard at the beginning but at the end of the day they mainly want to see your way of thinking. Many questions were focused on assessing my personality and skills like teamwork, analytical thinking, problem-solving. Unlike banking interviews, here you can't come across too confident because that's just not what they are looking for. So my advice is to be yourself, know a lot about Google products and how they generate revenue and talk about your extraordinary achievements! Being average won't get you a job at Google- you need to be outstanding and extremely motivated, driven. Good luck!   1 Answer

Application

I interviewed at Google in November 2016.

Interview

The opportunity was very tempting and starting date was from the summer 2017.

I was contacted via email by google talent sourcing team at end of the year 2016 and i showed my interest and sent my CV. After few days, i received email regarding the screening round that i will get calendar invite which is did. Well, i was waiting for the call at given time for half an hour but nobody showed up on hangout. Later, I emailed them saying that i cannot wait anymore and i am dropping out then they set up another hangout video call. When i was waiting for it second time, the guy called me over phone. we had informal chat about my education and work background. He described the interview process, job descriptions, etc.
    Then, he said he will pass on my CV and once it's success i will receive an another technical round as hangout invite. That's it, i never received any email after that not even for rejection.
    Being this reputed company i can not expect this unprofessional behavior.

Interview Questions

• General questions about work background and which technology i have worked on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a second phone interview because i could not solve the problem at first interview but i implemented very well. At second interview, i missed the one restriction and also my interviewer didn't warn me. I guess he also missed while i was implementing. One week later, my recruiter said to me my code couldn't solve one restriction and because of that i failed.

Interview Questions

• N different couple go to cinema with 2N different seats. They take their place randomly. You could make a swap operations. Write a code for given input what is the minimum number of swap operations for sitting all couples with their partners? Additionally, be sure that no one swaps more than 2 times.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

Very poor and demanding. And programming... funny.
    Treated people like a artificial intelligence machines. Crazy. Corporation will always be corporation. Marketing doesn't matter.

Very poor and demanding. And programming... funny.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a referral by a contact at Google.

Within a few days of sending in my CV, a member of the HR team got in touch to arrange interview slots. The interview process was very slick, and any changes/updates were communicated immediately.

In total, I had two face-to-face interviews (On the job knowledge and Leadership) and two over Hangouts (Cognitive ability and 'Googleyness') around the end of October 2016.

Several weeks passed by without an update, so I chased both my referrer and my recruiter. Both said there had been some delays due to people being out of office. I waited a few more weeks, chased again still nothing.

It is now approaching the end of January 2017 and still no update, despite following up over e-mail/phone.

While I'm not holding my breath for an offer, I am a little surprised that I never heard back either way.

Perhaps I slipped through the net, or maybe my recruiter is just ineffective. In any case, it has been an overall negative experience, and I hope that Google pays attention to this sort of review in order to improve the process for others.

Interview Questions

• Google do not allow candidates to share details of interview questions. If you get through to the interview stage, your recruiter will give you a good idea of what to expect for each of the four interviews.   1 Answer