Google Visual Data Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Google Visual Data Specialist Interview Questions

2.5

Visual Data Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

It starts off with a brief phone interview describing the position. They then will have you come in to have an interview with the site manager and a few project managers.

Interview Questions

• Where does technology fall into your life, career, and hobbies? How does it tie into this

job? or Where does mapping fall into your life, career, and hobbies?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Google

Visual Data Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

I applied through Aerotek, for the position at google maps. I sent the recruiter an email after I submitted my application, and he responded the next day. I was scheduled for a group orientation and one-on-one interview 3 days later with the recruiter, at the end of which he told me to come back in two days for 2 back to back interviews with the google managers. I was told to arrive no later than 8:45am, the interviews started at 9, and to bring a book because I might be there up until 12:45. There were about 30ish other applicants. In true Google style, they had breakfast pastries, coffee, and juice waiting for us. The two google managers were really laid back, and the interviews were more conversational than an interrogation. Lots of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Make a map of how you got into this room, starting from the front door of the building.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to ask someone for help doing something you didn't know how to do... or maybe it was "something you were not good at doing"? I don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations -- it's a contract position through Aerotek

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

My position was for a contractor. I had a phone interview with the vendor. Then I got a call the next day and scheduled for an onsite interview. The on-site was a panel interview, which last about 45 minutes. I followed up a few days later and found out I did not get an offer. However, 4 months later, the recruiter contacted me and asked if I'm still available to take the same position I was interviewed for. I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• If you need to verify a business address, what are the resources you can use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Google (Bothell, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process involved two different hiring managers, back to back interviews in the same day. They ask questions about repetitive processes, changing policies, your weaknesses, if you prefer team or solo, projects you may have be unsuccessful with...

Interview Questions

• What would you add to Google Maps?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Bothell, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

This is a contract position available exclusively through a staffing agency (Randstad). After an initial phone screening and brief interview with the vendor, you then interview with Google project managers. The following describes the final interview with the actual Google employees, as the vendor interviews were more to gain an understanding of your skill sets/goals and were not as relevant to the position.

My interview consisted of two separate meetings with a different manager for each. I sat in a waiting room with ~10 other applicants (about half became part of my hiring group), and then was called in to meet with one of the managers. After the first meeting I went to a second room to meet with another manager. Aside from discussing your experience, there were questions that tested your basic spatial skills. The managers were friendly and easy to talk to. Despite the fact this is a casual tech environment and they were wearing jerseys and tees, you are still expected to dress appropriately. I was called by the vendor the next week and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Point to the wall that is north.   Answer Question
    • Draw (on a dry erase board) the route you took to get here.   Answer Question
    • What methods would you use to estimate the percent of the world's population that likes x?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Bothell, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

This Visual Data Specialist position was a contract role in Bothell, WA. The staffing agency that first screened me put my name in for this position. About a week later the on-site recruiter interviewed me wanting to know more about my background. I was contacted after that and was asked to come back a week later for another interview with Google management. Both interviews were at their office in Bothell, and this second interview with Google management was with other candidates. We were selected one at a time and interviewed with various members on management.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you were able to work successfully in a diverse environment in your work or personal experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.