Google Interview Questions in Washington State | Glassdoor

Google Interview Questions in Washington State

Updated Mar 18, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Interview

Had 5 rounds onsite at the Kirkland campus after phone screen. All interviewers were nice and smart (except one who appeared rude). Glassdoor and leetcode helped. Was asked some questions on C++ internals.

Interview Questions

• 1. Strings
      2. Binary Search Tree
      3. Greedy
      4. Graph search
      5. 2D Matrix
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Google (Fremont, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Google has become a joke. Do they even make software there or just walk around drinking lattes trying to figure out how they can make their office more decadent. I did an onsite and expected hackerank/leetcode style questions. What I got was more esoteric questions that are more rooted in discrimination than the actual job. I have been asked by google in various interview: To solve complex geometry problems, to write mathematical proofs on the whiteboard, To write a language parser in 30 minutes. This after I give distributed systems as my strongest area. I try to humor them but they are up to bull. Google, You got problems with your management. Probably because its full of ex Microsoft and Amazon losers up in Seattle.

After the fact the recruiter told me that I was interviewing for "Senior" job so I get special questions. That's the very definition of discrimination! I hope Google gets burned to the ground legally in its age discrimination lawsuit. The labor department needs to slap them with a big fat fine. Google needs to stop wasting my time and paid time off and get real or shut down. I will never interview at this place again.

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Google (Kirkland, WA).

Interview

Absolute best, Google knows how to treat their people! Had phone screen and 5 onsite interviews, every round tested exactly what is needed for the role, with varying difficulties. HR was very responsive, promptly updated me in every phase.

Software Engineer Tools and Infrastructure Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online ( new grad) and the process took nearly 2 months. I got an email from the technical recruiter after 2 weeks to schedule phone interview. But I got the reply after a month after I sent around 10 emails. Finally they scheduled phone interview.

In the phone interview (45 min) they asked me simple question using lists and multiple while loops. The interviewer stressed me on writing code within that short duration. Unfortunately I couldn't complete the code within 30 min and I guess that is the reason why I was rejected.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiters were terrible with lots of hand-offs, but on-site interviewers were nice. I think I talked to ~7 different people before I even got on-site, which is insane. It's very difficult to get feedback regarding areas for improvement... Google seems awesome but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had multiple recruiter interviews about general HR stuff. Each one was about 15-30 minutes. Then I had one phone screen with a couple of technical coding questions. Pretty straight forward stuff that you can find in algorithm books. Afterwards I went on site to do the 5 interviews. Questions were more difficult than the phone interview but still not too challenging. They were not trivial and require knowledge of data structures.

Interview Questions

• Topics Included string parsing, graphs, some bit manipulation, trees   Answer Question

UI Designer Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google (Kirkland, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

I had one phone interview that lasted 20 minutes and an on-site interview. Both interviews were very unstructured and awkward. Often easy questions I had asked weren't answered, such as how many engineers do you have on your team (the answer: I don't know its hard to say). I had an offer within a week. I got a bad vibe from the hiring manager but it's hard to turn down an offer from Google. I also had no interactions with a Recruiter or HR from Google, only my agency.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to quickly learn technical developers tools?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Kirkland, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, technical phone screen a few days after, then onsite interview. Onsite lasted 6 hours: 5 interviews and lunch. Questions were all over the board, and I was expected to have high quality code, well structured, and well tested. Questions required a lot of thought and critical analysis, less need for advanced data structures, outside of HashMaps and Heaps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was reached within one week after I applied online. Everything moved quite smoothly. There were two technical rounds back to back. However I was sick for one week before the interview so the technical rounds got quite delayed. We coded via Google Doc. One week after the interviews the recruiter told me that I was not selected, which was quite reasonable because I sort of screwed up one round with more math. I also got a survey asking for my feedback on experience later. Google provided a prep doc before the interview and advice for future after my rejection.

Interview Questions

• Can't say due to NDA. But you should be able to know some discrete math, combinatorics, and elementary number theory stuff, which was why I screwed the first round up; You should also be able to do more advanced topics like backtracking and dynamic programming. But theses topics were not hard because they were standard and did not catch me by surprise. Math did. I'm an undergraduate so overall difficulty is high.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Kirkland, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

One phone screen interview and 5 rounds of 1 on 1 onsite interview.

All interview questions are related to algorithms and data structures.

Questions types:

Strings, graph search(BFS/DFS), recursion on Binary tree, binary search, divide & conquer.

Make sure prepare for all of those types questions and need to achieve optimal solutions.

Practice whiteboard coding(important!) before onsite. I suggest to do a few mock interviews ahead.

All interviewers are real nice and helpful, ask for hints if you got stuck, but it is important to show your thinking process.