Google Interview Questions in Zurich, Switzerland | Glassdoor

3.4

107 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in August 2017.

Interview

After quickly outlining the goals of the GDA the interviewers started with the questions. 3 out of 4 questions were case scenarios related to the planning, coordinating and execution of the learning program (i.e. on Machine Learning Algorithm, Artificial Intelligence etc.) of the GDA as well as to the handling of internal relations with the Google Sales Department (who would be my customer) and handling the requests of Top Executives / Enterprises (who are the clients of the Sales Department) before and during workshops. One question was about 'dealing with stress'.

The interviewers did not refer to my CV at all during the interview and I was not quite sure if they were aware of my current employer, in other words the context of my professional experience, which lies with governmental / nonprofit organization and not necessarily with a large corporate firm.

Overall, it was an interesting experience but most likely not the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• F: You are organizing a workshop on Artificiel Intelligence and Machine Learning Algorithm for 20 Top Executives. How do you proceed?

F: It's 9:30 am, the day of the workshop which starts at 10am. You expect a total of 20 participants, 10 from Europe, 10 from United Arab Emirates. The maximum capacity is 20, NO exceptions! From the UAE 15 participants - who flew all the way to Zurich - show up. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in July 2017.

Interview

Google provided all the information about the interview, what to expect how to prepare, I got lots of links to read about interview process, how they hire, their hiring philosophy, videos on what to expect during interview, link to fantastic blog post from Steve Yagge and suggested even read the book "Cracking the coding interview". This all removed all the stress from the interview process and was very very positive. Google really wants people to prepare and show their best instead and freaking out.

Interview Questions

• Given matrix m x n containing only 0s and 1s. Write code that finds path of 1s from first row to last row.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Google and had a first informal call. After that I got a list of material that should be prepared for the first phone interview. At the phone interview I was asked a coding/design problem that should be solved. After I passed that I went through to an on sight interview with 4 similar type of interviews. During the whole process a recruiter was there to help me along with any questions. Although I didn't get the job in the end, I learned a lot from the whole process and the feedback that I got.

Interview Questions

• To design an optimal (in terms of memory and speed) solution to a coding problem. I was asked to use the right datastructure, design an efficient solution and provide real code.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in March 2017.

Interview

1. Phone screening with recruiter, who gave some info as to what expect from step 2 — around three areas: Product Design & Strategy, Analytical ability, Technical skills.

2. Hangouts interview with a product manager. Compared to the expectation from step 1: no questions on technical skills, but a question related to creativity.

Interview Questions

• several incremental questions around the scenario of expanding an existing product to a new market.   1 Answer
    • creativity question; given an object, shoot out off-label uses for it.   1 Answer

SWE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was rally long. I was contacted in October by a recruiter that ask me to send a CV. After I send it, they contact me back after two months.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some basics questions that involved combinatorics and Dynamic Programming.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in February 2017.

Interview

first email, then phone call, then 2nd phone call, then initial interview, then met with more people on a differnet day. then for the next interview, i had to show my basic skills with writing cod.e

Interview Questions

• what kind on an animal would i choose to be?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Interview

The hiring process consists in two hangouts interviews and a full day multiple interview session at their office. Recruiters are cool and always at your disposal. Only the first interview is not technical, the others are strongly oriented to algorithms and data structures.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews with two engineers, one of them was from Zurich. First I was asked about one of the project I've provided on my resume and then we began to discuss the problem proposed for my interview process. Both engineers were happy to answer my questions and it was a beautiful experience.

Interview Questions

• Count the number of set bits in a given number.
      Talked about complexities in general and usage of memory. I was also asked what would I do with unlimited memory.   1 Answer

SWE/SRE Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in November 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to an employee for referral
    A human recruiter contacted me and told me to fill a questionnaire about my skills and interests
    I attended a interview preparation session on google hangouts
    I had to schedule two 45min interviews and choose programming language (C++,Python,Java)
    Technical Interviews - like competitive programming - codeforces, topcoder
    I failed the interviews, but if I hadn't, the next stage would be find a host team

Interview Questions

• Count consecutive equal integers in an array
      Depth first search using recursion
      Topological sort with cycle detection   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Google (Zürich (Switzerland)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process took two months. Applied through employee referral and had a 2 interviews via Google Hangouts. Then there is a host matching phase where I had several host matching interviews until matched with a project.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms and data structures questions.   1 Answer