Gordmans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

1.8

EDI Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Omaha, NE) in August 2015.

Interview

I didn't end up with a job offer however I had four different interviews with varying levels of managment. I was surprised that after so many interviews that a job offer wasn't extended however it was nice for a company to spend so much of their time to vet candidates and ensure that it would be a good match for both parties.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I intended to gain retail experience if I joined the company.   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans (Southaven, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was unorganized and unprofessional. She couldn't find my application so she had to print it out and ask me my info and write it down and she had to ask me all those personality questions that's on the online application! The interview was done 5ft away. She was sitting on one end of the office and I was sitting all the way on the other end. She was just reading interview questions off a piece of paper slowly like someone like a child who is just learning how to read instead of making eye contact while asking the questions. I was asked about 10 questions.

Store Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview was via phone, the second was in person at one of the locations the position was open for. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. Asked questions about where I was in my career and where I wanted to go. Also touched on customer service aspects of the position. Afterwards, I was told I'd be contacted for a face to face which I was. This interview lasted approximately an hour. Rehashed a lot of the same questions from the phone interview, but dived deeper into the actual requirements of the job. It was a casual interview and I felt very relaxed and assured I'd be moving on to the next step. I was told I'd be contacted by corporate HR and the local district manager for the final step, but that never happened.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change careers?   1 Answer

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter within a week. We set up an in person interview over the phone. The interview process involved someone from HR and the manager of the department. The questions were all situation based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a direct report who did not listen to your instructions?   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke to was very nice. So was the store manager. The district manager was another story. He was very defensive from the get go. Extremely hung up on the assessment that I took. At one point he even picked it up and waved it in the air in a very aggressive manner.

Interview Questions

• How do you show patience both in your personal and professional lives?   Answer Question

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gordmans (Tulsa, OK) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a Department Lead on Friday, was called in for an interview the next Thursday. They told me when calling that they would offer 12.20 an hour, I have 10 years experience and am already making close to that (I didn't tell them that). I decided to give it a shot anyways. When I got there, I was told they had no leadership positions (keep in mind that's what I applied for and told I was interviewing for) and only had part time sales associate positions.

Interview Questions

Simply put, I felt mislead.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordmans (Memphis, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

I got a call about 2 days after applying. Schedule an interview date/ interview process i was asked a couple of question about why I wanted to work at gordmans, what I like about gordmans, or what has been one of the hardest decision I have ever made and such.. I was hire that same day a couple hours later after leaving the interview

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Gordmans?   1 Answer

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gordmans (Omaha, NE) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and presented questions that were slightly different from the norm. I felt as if I was applying for a regular-full time position, and this made the Intern position seem prestigious. They were very upfront about the pay and expectations of this position so there were no surprises. The initial in-person interview lasted around 30-45 minutes while the phone-screening was around 10 minutes or so; this made it feel a little impersonal.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordmans (Omaha, NE) in October 2014.

Interview

The store manager wasn't available at the time so another manager from another store did my interview. I was asked very easy questions and throughout the entire interview I felt very comfortable. They asked basic questions.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Easy and quick process. 3 interviews. Recruiter, DM, VP. One of the best interviews I've ever experienced. No questions were typical "tell me about a time". I interviewed with a DM named Jason. He gave me a chance to tell me story, and asked a lot of probing question based on past performance. You could tell they only wanted to hire the absolute best. I did unfortunately decline, but seem like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

I received an offer elsewhere for a much higher salary. Expect mid 60's to low 70's.