Gordmans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gordmans Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

1.8

Lead Interview

Interview

They called, Got interviewed and hired in the interview

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I filled out an app in-store, they called me for an "interview," but when I showed up they said "you got the job, let me give you a tour of your department"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, mimumum wage only

Cashi Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gordmans (Appleton, WI).

Interview

Assistant Manager no longer there was good interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Low hourly pay, but decided tg try it out.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

I interviewed with Jason Baker, who has now moved on in company and is no longer at the Mankato store. My interview was great, I had filed out a rather long questionnaire prior to my meeting that was entered into the computer. Jason was excited to show me my bar graph and what my scores meant. He very easy to talk to and very professional.

Interview Questions

• He asked the obvious interview questions like "What is your biggest flaw" things like that. One question that was different was "Tell me about your closet".   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans in August 2009.

Interview

Applied in-store. In addition to the standard application, the Kenexa Retail Selector and Predictive Index personality tests were administered. The application took me about 50 minutes start-to-finish. Recieved a call back approximately a week later, asking for me to call back to set up an interview. Interview was scheduled in the morning. I arrived and was welcomed by the Store Manager after about 3 minutes. We 'walked and talked' and ended up in one spot in the store. The interview was more of a conversation than a question-answer session, and I appreciated this. Since I had prior retail experience, we ended up trading stories and funny personal work anecdotes. Overall, a very inviting and friendly experience and it turned out well-I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you choosing to apply with us when you have another job already?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was pretty much non-existent, since I was not applying for an exempt, Management position. I was able to start at the top of the payscale due to my prior retail experience and was told that I probably could expect a raise within one year.

Freight Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Gordmans (Omaha, NE) in October 2012.

Interview

Drug Test and little to no training. Manager have very little knowledge of policies. All material is your requirement to get online but system is antiquated and difficult. No pay stubs. You are required to get direct deposit or the will get you a prepaid debit card to use

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None they have set pay

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gordmans (Fort Wayne, IN) in July 2011.

Interview

Was given two interviews, one with department lead and one with store manager. It was a little bit of a wait since they where busy when i got there. Everything went good and within a couple of days i got the call that they were offering me a job position.

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordmans (Ogden, UT) in June 2012.

Interview

one group interview. SUPER easy lots of how do you feel about... and tell me about a time when...

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans (South Jordan, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

The manager was nice and joked but he just explained the job to me and asked my experience. Quick.

Cashier, Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied in person and recieved a call to be interviewed about a month later. Interviewed by the store manager and the department manager. Simple questions about myself and some scenario based questions, nothing too difficult. The managers took a few minutes alone and came back in the room and offerered me the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handle stressful situations and how I stay organized when I have several tasks to complete.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They told me what the hourly wage would be and I accepted.