Gordmans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Stockroom Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gordmans (Minot, ND) in June 2015.

Interview

Great! It was more of a conversation than an interview, easy and relaxed. I didn't get the job (it was reposted, and I applied again because I'm determined and it's a job made for me) but sent an email thanking the Hiring Manager for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How many years have I been in Retail?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Gordmans (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, went in within the next few days for an interview and they basically said I was hired without really asking any questions and telling me my base pay and what I would be doing.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans (Coon Rapids, MN).

Interview

I applied on indeed at night and received a call the next morning (Saturday) to set up an interview. The woman that called did not mention that this location was closing or that I should do an application online. And when I went to the interview on Monday, it lasted three minutes. I was told to do an online application and they would call me but they didn't know when because they were closing in a month.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans (Memphis, TN) in November 2009.

Interview

Initially submitted an online application to a corporate position and I received a phone call from a corporate recruiter. The recruiter said I was over qualified for the position and suggested I interview for a store managers position. I proceeded to tke some online tests, complete another application and was given an phone interview.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Initially interviewed with corporate recruiter about a week after finishing my online application. Was told I would be contact by local store manager, after two weeks was finally contacted by store manager. Went through all interview questions and was told i would be interviewed by district manager. After two more weeks got a phone call saying the district manager was here today and wants to meet me at 400 pm. After interview with two district manager they said they would follow up in a week. Never heard anything back, took me three more weeks to finally hear any thing and it was me calling store manager/recruiter till they finally said they went with internal candidates.

Interview Questions

• Store manager did not want to ask a question do to my back ground in loss prevention   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Sioux City, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

The store manager did my interview. I think it was his office. His office very messy. He was constantly trying to find a pen or certain papers. He was constantly leaving the room to go get certain papers.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience in a retail store before?   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke to was very nice. So was the store manager. The district manager was another story. He was very defensive from the get go. Extremely hung up on the assessment that I took. At one point he even picked it up and waved it in the air in a very aggressive manner.

Interview Questions

• How do you show patience both in your personal and professional lives?   Answer Question

Store Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview was via phone, the second was in person at one of the locations the position was open for. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. Asked questions about where I was in my career and where I wanted to go. Also touched on customer service aspects of the position. Afterwards, I was told I'd be contacted for a face to face which I was. This interview lasted approximately an hour. Rehashed a lot of the same questions from the phone interview, but dived deeper into the actual requirements of the job. It was a casual interview and I felt very relaxed and assured I'd be moving on to the next step. I was told I'd be contacted by corporate HR and the local district manager for the final step, but that never happened.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change careers?   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans (Southaven, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was unorganized and unprofessional. She couldn't find my application so she had to print it out and ask me my info and write it down and she had to ask me all those personality questions that's on the online application! The interview was done 5ft away. She was sitting on one end of the office and I was sitting all the way on the other end. She was just reading interview questions off a piece of paper slowly like someone like a child who is just learning how to read instead of making eye contact while asking the questions. I was asked about 10 questions.

EDI Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Omaha, NE) in August 2015.

Interview

I didn't end up with a job offer however I had four different interviews with varying levels of managment. I was surprised that after so many interviews that a job offer wasn't extended however it was nice for a company to spend so much of their time to vet candidates and ensure that it would be a good match for both parties.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I intended to gain retail experience if I joined the company.   1 Answer