Gordmans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Very quickly. I got a phone call to schedule an interview from corporate. They briefly went over the pay rate and asked if I would want to continue. I came in for my interview and it was just at two chairs in the break room, they asked a couple questions about scheduling and how I would handle a few situations, then I was hired and was given a date for orientation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle if you didn't like an employee.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a couple days later for an interview. It was super laid back... Wasn't really asked questions about the job or previous experience. We talked about school and then I was offered the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans (Coon Rapids, MN).

Interview

I applied on indeed at night and received a call the next morning (Saturday) to set up an interview. The woman that called did not mention that this location was closing or that I should do an application online. And when I went to the interview on Monday, it lasted three minutes. I was told to do an online application and they would call me but they didn't know when because they were closing in a month.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans (Lafayette, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed in the middle of the store, and not even taken to an office. I was hired on the spot and placed in training that very week. It appeared that everyone that applied as a seasonal employee was hired.

Interview Questions

• The main question was just if I had customer service experience.   1 Answer

Co-Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans in August 2016.

Interview

Fixated on relocation for positions that were not available. The job was filled with under qualified associates based on their willingness to relocate, not based on their ability to perform the job better than someone else. The position is now filled with large quantities of people who don't have hte background to perform the tasks they are assigned.

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southaven, MS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans (Southaven, MS) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was unorganized and unprofessional. She couldn't find my application so she had to print it out and ask me my info and write it down and she had to ask me all those personality questions that's on the online application! The interview was done 5ft away. She was sitting on one end of the office and I was sitting all the way on the other end. She was just reading interview questions off a piece of paper slowly like someone like a child who is just learning how to read instead of making eye contact while asking the questions. I was asked about 10 questions.

Store Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview was via phone, the second was in person at one of the locations the position was open for. Phone interview was pretty straight forward. Asked questions about where I was in my career and where I wanted to go. Also touched on customer service aspects of the position. Afterwards, I was told I'd be contacted for a face to face which I was. This interview lasted approximately an hour. Rehashed a lot of the same questions from the phone interview, but dived deeper into the actual requirements of the job. It was a casual interview and I felt very relaxed and assured I'd be moving on to the next step. I was told I'd be contacted by corporate HR and the local district manager for the final step, but that never happened.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to change careers?   1 Answer

Human Resources Recruitment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Omaha, NE) in July 2016.

Interview

-First phase of the interview process was a phone screening with basic/traditional questions (went over wage, related experience (both work and education), scheduling, asked why do you want to work here?)
    -In person interview - more "get to know you" feeling, when I entered my interviewer was wearing a tshirt and jeans, very relaxed interview setting. Asked questions about experience, life, education, etc.

Interview Questions

• Experience and how it relates to this position?
      Why do you want to work for Gordmans?
      Name an experience when you overcame conflict?   1 Answer

Department Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grandville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Grandville, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Showed up for a scheduled interview and both the store manager and store assistant manager had left early. I was told that no one was aware of an interview scheduled.

Another Department lead decided to interview me and offer me a part time position unloading the trucks. Then asked me to return at 9am the next day (Sunday) to see the store manager. Very unorganized and felt disrespected. Not sure if this is the type of organization I want to work for.

Was seriously unimpressed with the organization or rather the lack thereof.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview took place at an empty register line, incredibly informal. Met a manager there and she read basic interview questions off a sheet of paper. Quick and easy, the entire thing lasted maybe 10 mins tops.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain how you handled a difficult situation in the past.   Answer Question