Gordmans Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gordmans Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coon Rapids, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans (Coon Rapids, MN).

Interview

I applied on indeed at night and received a call the next morning (Saturday) to set up an interview. The woman that called did not mention that this location was closing or that I should do an application online. And when I went to the interview on Monday, it lasted three minutes. I was told to do an online application and they would call me but they didn't know when because they were closing in a month.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gordmans

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Very quick and easy. Hiring manager just wants to get to know your personality and how involved you will be. My interview was very quick because they were busy. Just be yourself and you will do great.

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gordmans (Independence, MO).

Interview

Very down to earth talked about past retail experience. I had 10 years experience.
    Interview was fast and I was offered a job on the spot.
    Went over orientation information as well.
    It was a one on one interview for a seasonal sales associate. I was asked to stay permenatly after 90 days.

Interview Questions

• How did you help an upset guest with a problem at last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Batavia, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans (Batavia, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview took probably 30 minutes. Super easy and the lady interviewing was very nice. It was my fist interview and it was a lot better than expected. I applied online then the next day I got a call asking for an interview that morning, I chose next morning and it was great.

Interview Questions

• What are some teamwork activities you have done?   Answer Question
    • What is a difficult decision you have had to make in life?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gordmans (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Very short interview. Asked about customer service experience and a few scenarios. Manager was very friendly. I didn't know it but someone from my last job was already working there who gave me a good reference. I think that helped a lot.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you recently received good customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gordmans (Lincoln, NE) in June 2015.

Interview

Basic salary and availability questions. Went along the application for any questions such as student availability. Very standard questions, such as strengths and weaknesses. Got the job on the spot. I had to do some training before working. Took about 2 hours to complete the training. Went through the store, met the managers and received our lockers and pin numbers.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply here/why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to come to an agreement for pay. Availability was also a huge discussion since I was a student.

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordmans (Okemos, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I got a call for an interview. When I went in for the interview it was only 8 minutes long. When I went in only one person was there and he seemed to like me. They were very friendly, since this was my first job a lot of the questions did not apply, and he had to alter them.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not in the position to negotiate since this is my first job.

Anonymous Employee in Okemos, MI

Application

Interview

Quick, asked a few questions about school as I didn't have previous work experience, I felt very welcomed and relaxed for my first interview, I meet with the assistant manager and he explained the company values.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate as this was my first job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans.

Interview

Very easy, basic questions like why you want the job, talked about past work history. Very easy! The interview was very quick and she was very nice and easy to talk to. The whole interview lasted about 20 minutes. After a day or two she called me back and offered the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordmans (Omaha, NE) in October 2014.

Interview

The store manager wasn't available at the time so another manager from another store did my interview. I was asked very easy questions and throughout the entire interview I felt very comfortable. They asked basic questions.