Gordmans Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordmans (Sioux Falls, SD) in November 2009.

Interview

At first I filled out an online application. After doing so, I received an email confirmation with a phone number from which I was going to receive a phone call. After exactly one week, I got the phone call with the hiring manager to set up my first interview which was going to be a phone interview with the same hiring manager. They were very exact from the start, for example: scheduling the phone interview was going to be exactly three days from the first contact at exactly 8:00 AM. I went through the interview, which was a 15 min phone call after which the manager told me the time I was to be at the Wells Fargo offices for a group interview, which was exactly in one week, also at 8:00 AM while they were going to conduct a background check.
The group interview was actually quite easy, being questioned as a group with the same question posed to each candidate allowing for some time to mull over an answer. The interviewers themselves were going to be our direct supervisors and they were actually quite friendly and nonthreatening. At the end of the interview, each interviewer asked some of their own questions that were not routine as well as gave a chance to the candidates to ask their own questions. After all that, the interviewers informally told all the candidates that we got the job with the formal process starting on the first scheduled day of work.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question to answer was a general, non specific "Tell me about yourself?" For which several candidates asked if the interviewers could be more specific to which they replied with the same "Well, just tell me about yourself?"   1 Answer