Gordon Food Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.8

Warehouse Selector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zephyrhills, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Zephyrhills, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, went well enough where they want me to come in Sunday Night and take a tour. IF offered, I'm sure I will take it. I'm definitely glad I watched the video, ACTUALLY got me even more intrigued.

Interview Questions

• What is ur work experience?   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service in March 2017.

Interview

Initial interview with HR. Some questions were same as the ones asked during the online application, and job specific task related to make sure I can do the job. Also the salary expectation.
    Second interview with manager and team. Questions were behavior based and open ended.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was good very friendly courteous, seemed to take an interest in me and my qualifications. waiting for the next phase. responded immediatley to my resume that was posted online.

Selector Interview

Interview

Not sure what they're looking for but they didnt give me the position, even with my warehouse experience. Their selector ads are lies. They're actually very picky on who to hire. Which is probably why they're always hiring. The phone interviewer may tell you that the hiring manager will contact you if selected, but they make the decision wether or not if you'll move on to the next step.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

Very casual. Sat with the manager in an office. Was asked generic interview questions. The manager was kind enough to indicate that there would be a hair follicle drug test prior to employment.

Interview Questions

• What are you studying? Tell me about yourself? How was your previous work experience? What did and didn't you like about your previous work experience? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Regional Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Kenosha, WI) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email to schedule a phone interview with a talent acquisition specialist. The scheduling was done online. A couple of weeks later I was contacted via email for a face to face interview. I met with the current manager who was retiring and a sales manager for one hour. They were very nice, but the whole interview was behavioral questions. It seemed like they were required to do this, and I don't think you can get a sense of a candidate's abilities by bombarding them with questions like , "Tell us about a time....". In the end I am glad I did not get an offer, because after the interview process it sounded like I would be required to answer employee questions day and night, and I believe in a work/life balance.

Interview Questions

• One of your employees calls you at 9 pm because they are stuck on a repair. What would you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was easy, basic questions. I received an email to set up a 1-hour on-site interview with the hiring manager and colleague. A second 1-hour interview with hiring manager and director.

Both of the on-site interviews were very very structured. They did not stray from their long list of behavioral questions. I felt like they were more concerned with asking the questions HR required than asking questions to get to know me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not have a good rapport with someone and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 senior managers on an individual basis.
    Was hired on the spot, yes they ask all the right questions and you should have all the right answers.
    Questions were very specific. Some managers seemed more serious while others seemed more relaxed, very professional and took notes on all your answers. When sent to the following manager to interview they would go more in depth to some questions and answers. They were really doing to hire the correct individual for their company.

Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Two days after I applied, I got an email message where I got invited to log in to the company's website and choose a day and time for a phone interview. I chose the earliest day possible. I got the call on the day and time chosen. The interviewer asked me a series of questions to which I answered to the best of my abilities. At the end of his interview he told that he would get me a face to face interview with a direct recruiter and I would receive information concerning the upcoming interview in my email. The next day I received an email with info about the face to face interview, the interviewers, directions, and what format answer (SAR) they expected. I went to the face interview. I was given a tour of the warehouse, and then I was taken to a meeting room where I was interviewed by two managers. My answers included: Situation, Action, Response (SAR). At the end of the interview I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time when you had a conflict with a supervisor, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application a couple days later I received a phone call for a on the phone interview
    That went good so I received a email about a face to face interview with a manager. Received a call a few days later and offered a position

Interview Questions

• Name a time a customers had an issue with something how did you fix it and what was the outcome of the situation   Answer Question