Gordon Food Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2019.

Interview

One on one, three different interviews with management. Each one provided a very relaxed, down to earth approach. I not only found it very welcoming but, very much appreciated since having been on the job hunt for many months. Each manager projected the same personality and same approach - which is a good sign of the type of management in itself.

Interview Questions

• What would I say to a customer if I only saw hotdogs in their cart.   2 Answers

Temp IT Position Interview

Interview

It went well - good people. They really treated you well and were considerate of your interest and your time throughout the whole process. Good company. I would highly recommend them.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Wyoming, MI) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial phone screening with T.A Specialist, on-site panel interview, final phone call w/ Director. Was able to meet with some of the team members to learn more about the company, role expectations, and the current team. It was a great experience, I was asked some great questions, and felt like my career goals aligned well. I also had some time to ask questions at the interview. Felt like they truly valued my time throughout the interview process! As a candidate moving through the process, I always felt that GFS valued my time.

Interview Questions

• SAR Based Questions - All of these questions are situational based on the job description.   Answer Question

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

There was a phone screen then two in person interviews. Scripted SAR Interview questions were asked and occasionally we deviated from the scripted questions so they could ask follow up. Some time was allowed at the end of the interview for questions.

Interview Questions

• Standard SAR questions... Tell me a time you worked with a difficult team? Tell me a time you lead a team? Tell me a time you worked on a difficult project? Tell me a time when your project timeline was derailed? Tell me how you marketed your products? Tell me how you got buy-in for your products.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Douglasville, GA) in December 2019.

Interview

Initiated by a 30 minute phone call which only discussed my job history and comfort levels of systems requested in the posting. Have your resume in front of you to reference. This was scheduled within 2 days via an electronic scheduling system with a follow up call to verify interest. I then was scheduled for an in person interview within 2 days of getting an email of going to the next step. The interview was set with the director of the department and lasted 1.5 hours. Discussed many behavioral questions and "tell me about a time when" situations. Small discussion about the company and what is expected in the role. Interviewer was not dressed professionally and did not seem like they wanted to be there. Unprepared in the interview and had to review the questions prior to having me answer. About 10-12 "HR Required" Behavioral Questions. Do not use the same company in the answers you provide. Job position was not matching to the job description and required much more training than they were willing to pay for. Brought in other workers to talk privately to during the interview who were walking past. Talked negatively about the company in terms of some internal issues/ identifying people and demotions/terminations due to problems that occurred. Not appropriate for an interview. No negativity towards the company, just an underwhelming interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with conflicting priorities. (How did you resolve the conflict? Was it effective? Why or why not?)   Answer Question
    • Discuss a time when you had to deal with major change in your work process or job duties. How did you prepare for the change? How did you respond in this situation?   Answer Question
    • Provide an example of a time when you had to take action and didn´t have enough time to prepare as much as you would like. How did you adapt to this situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation in which you have had to adjust to changes over which you had no control.   Answer Question
    • Sometimes we encounter situations that are controversial. Tell me about a time when you were faced with an ethical dilemma. What were the circumstances and how did you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service in August 2019.

Interview

There is a reason they are last in the food industry. The whole process was unprofessional from the phone screen to interview with lady from Marketing at the Charlotte location. She was rude and not helpful

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

Brief- Not sure HR was qualified. Halfway through i IDed a position at the company that I felt was a better fit and they seemed to lose interest in me.

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

I recieved a phone interview which led to an in person store interview with the first and second in charge two days after. My one complaint was that this was in the beginning stages of my looking for a job so I'm between working i had to find and buy business formal clothing and prep for questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you and another employee did not get along and how did you react   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyoming, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Wyoming, MI) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied on their website and within 2-3 weeks I received a request for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I received a request to schedule a in-person interview. This took a while since they like to interview multiple candidates at once, to meet with multiple departments. The interview process took place at the main HQ with 3 other candidates. We each were taken to a room to meet with a specific department within accounting. We had 30 minutes with each department. There were 4 departments. For the most part, each department asked similar questions, but there were many opportunities to ask questions. The interviewing personnel were all very nice. Even though I didn't get an offer, I thought it was a great process.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Ask you a few brief questions about your sales experience and then some real life scenario you'll face day to day. They'll provide a scenario and ask you how you would approach and come out with a sale.

Interview Questions

• How does your sales experience make you an ideal candidate for this position?   Answer Question