Gordon Food Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Interview

Comfortable environment with a store manager conducting a one-on-one interview to discuss overall skills and experience. Very good probing questions, with feedback during process. Non-stressful process with clarity and transparency.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which stress was high in a work environment? How did you resolve the issues?   Answer Question

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Towson, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview from corporate the second interview was from a regional manager. You see the phone call from corporate about two weeks after the final interview and I received the job

Interview Questions

• What would I do in certain situations   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with an email to began a video interview. The video interview can be done with an apple app. It had about 20 questions and you can redo your video answer in case you don't like your first go around. I took notes and redid mine a few times. They give you 24 hours or so to complete but I did mine in about 2 hours so I didn't look different in the videos. I was called by the local assistant to the hiring manger to schedule a one on one interview at a Panera Bread. I interviewed with her and she said if I was chosen to advance that I'd still have to interview with her two managers before being selected and then training. I wasn't selected and I had to wait 3 weeks for a generic email saying they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• The 1x1 interview was most difficult. I was asked about life goals and how I stay organized. Not sure why but this caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

Hiring process lasted more than a month. First there is a video interview with prompted questions that you record answers. This is followed by interviews with the territory manager and then the district manager. The interviews are pretty lengthy (more than an hour) and ask personality type questions- i.e how you would handle certain situations. After 3 interviews, no further contact was made and I was never told thanks but not thanks. This was despite following up and be told "talent" will be in contact.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

It was good very friendly courteous, seemed to take an interest in me and my qualifications. waiting for the next phase. responded immediatley to my resume that was posted online.

Pal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

I had three interviews with the recruiter and HR at Gordon Foodservice. There were alot of questions including a few that were unexpected. One question 'Describe your perfect day at work' believe it or not seemed to be the toughest. I am not sure what kind of answer they were looking for.

Associate Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Wyoming, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

2 phone calls with HR recruiters and then meeting with manager and team leads. It was pretty relaxed and I they are nice people you feel good to work for.

Interview Questions

• How to keep data in a list.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

Round-robin type hiring style. Moved from team to team getting interviewed 3 times. The people were reasonable, but it was a bit of a whirlwind. There were no breaks, and you got a lot of the same questions over and over again.

Interview Questions

• Write a method that converts a state short code to the actual state name.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They'll talk a lot about how great the company culture is, ignore it. They'll also talk about how great the benefits are, but they really are just decent.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

Basic questions for Java development. Talk about yourself. Your skills, background and why you are applying for this job. The interview went smooth. you get interviewed by a group / panel and they ask you generic questions regarding what you applied for. The whole process was smooth and fun. Just have some background for what you are applying for and you will be alright.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Wyoming, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was initiated by a third-party recruiter. After an initial phone call and a couple of emails with the recruiter, a 30 minute call was scheduled with the hiring manager at GFS. After the phone call, I was invited on-site for an approximately half-day of interviews by the hiring manager, a senior manager, and some senior-level developers who would be my colleagues. This was actually quite nice -- they said they preferred doing one long interview as opposed to multiple short ones out of respect for my time as well as theirs, which I appreciated.

During the interview process, I got a lot of insight about the company culture, which is really tight-knit for being a company of its size. It was a very positive experience overall.

On the technical side, however, the questions were kinda low-ball. Lots of simple questions about basic computer science and object-oriented programming concepts, with a couple of high-level practical/architectural questions thrown in. It was an easy slam dunk, which was both a relief and somewhat disappointing at the same time.

Interview Questions

• What is the concept in object oriented programming that allows you to create two objects with the same method, but with different implementations.   1 Answer
    • Please describe the following three types of integration, and the advantages and disadvantages of each: file-based integration, database-backed integration, and message-based integration.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Grand Rapids, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter then have an on-site interview with the hiring manager and team. It took 2 hours for the interview. The first part was behavior interview, the second part was tech interview with whiteboard coding.