Gordon Food Service Sales Development Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gordon Food Service Sales Development Specialist Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Customer Development Specialist (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Initially applied online, using a friend as an employee referral. GFS was very prompt in responding with an indication of interest. First contact was a telephone interview, followed by an in-person interview with HR. After speaking with HR representative, I received a 'thanks, but no thanks' email -- much to my surprise. After a follow up call, I was asked to meet with an area sales manager. I was told that my application had been 'lost', and was thanked for my tenacity. I then met with a current sales person (CDS) for a 'ride with', which consisted of a full day on the job, the next step was an interview with Regional Sales Manager, followed by an interview with Commercial Sales Director. There were also personality and IQ tests. Upon receiving an offer, I was asked to come in for a hair follicle drug test. After successfully passing that test, I was given a day to report to work.

Interview Questions

• "What restaurant/hospitality experience do you have?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very conservative, militaristic culture -- to speak of salary or finances to early in the process will negate the candidate.
    An incredible amount of energy is required from the candidate during this time. Interviews are spread out geographically, as well as incredibly early a.m. times -- let this serve as foreshadowing of the work environment.