Gordon Food Service Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.5

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Toledo, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

went through two interviews and had to take a hair test. Typical interview for a part-time job for a college student. Asked about past work experience and if you are capable of working as a team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gordon Food Service

Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Palatine, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a 3 day process after I applied online. There were two short, easy interviews with managers. They were very laid back and kind. The more upbeat you are in the interviews, the higher your starting pay will be. They are looking for friendliness more than anything, including experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

A quick 20 minute interview which mostly involved questions about team work, strengths/weaknesses, where you want to be in the next five years. Be sure to do your best to remember previous experiences when it comes to guest satisfaction and dissatisfaction.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you worked as team to resolve a problem with a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service in August 2015.

Interview

Phone call interview, then a face to face interview they ask you several questions then they question you on you skills of sales.They ask you why you want the job and then they address you attitude your ability to comprehend and find solutions to problems in the workplace.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service.

Interview

The first interview is with the Store Manager my interview went well and I did my second interview the same day with the Assistant Manager. The interview process was around half and hour for each interview. They did take a hair sample for a drug screening. You do have to watch a lot of cheesy workplace videos and fill out some information during those videos. They will take you on a tour of the store. You have to sign off on a lot of training papers, the training takes a while but is well worth it.

Application

Interview

I was called in after applying two weeks prior. The manager looked at my application submitted online which had been printed out. I was offered 45 cents over minimum wage. After minimum wage was raised to 8.50 months later I was told I would be receiving 8.50. Raises based on certifications were not applied or even discussed.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult. They give you a hair test for some reason, considering its minimum wage I don't see why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was very quick. The first one is which the assistant manager which just goes over some quick stores encounters you might come across while working. The last interview is with the store manager where you're asked a few more questions. You find out if you're hired or not here.

Interview Questions

• If you see someone stealing something what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was short. I was offered 8.65 an hour so I immediately took it. It was my first so over minimum wage sounded nice.

Anonymous Employee in Lima, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Lima, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the assistant manager for 10 minutes. They were all pretty simple questions and situational analysis. The manager kept things light throughout the process and it wasn't to stressful. If you practice your resume you will do amazing.

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Kenosha, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

Very standard interview questions. Easy, quick interview questions,

Negotiation

We would like to move forward and offer you a job with us

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service in February 2014.

Interview

The managers made the interview process flow smoothly. I had initially been contacted by phone to come by for an interview. When I arrived, the store was quite busy but the manager still took the time to introduce themselves.

Interview Questions

• Describe one situation where a coworker did not pull their part.   1 Answer