Gordon Food Service Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Gordon Food Service

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Grand Rapids, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter then have an on-site interview with the hiring manager and team. It took 2 hours for the interview. The first part was behavior interview, the second part was tech interview with whiteboard coding.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Gordon Food Service

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wyoming, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gordon Food Service (Wyoming, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was initiated by a third-party recruiter. After an initial phone call and a couple of emails with the recruiter, a 30 minute call was scheduled with the hiring manager at GFS. After the phone call, I was invited on-site for an approximately half-day of interviews by the hiring manager, a senior manager, and some senior-level developers who would be my colleagues. This was actually quite nice -- they said they preferred doing one long interview as opposed to multiple short ones out of respect for my time as well as theirs, which I appreciated.

During the interview process, I got a lot of insight about the company culture, which is really tight-knit for being a company of its size. It was a very positive experience overall.

On the technical side, however, the questions were kinda low-ball. Lots of simple questions about basic computer science and object-oriented programming concepts, with a couple of high-level practical/architectural questions thrown in. It was an easy slam dunk, which was both a relief and somewhat disappointing at the same time.

Interview Questions

• What is the concept in object oriented programming that allows you to create two objects with the same method, but with different implementations.   1 Answer
    • Please describe the following three types of integration, and the advantages and disadvantages of each: file-based integration, database-backed integration, and message-based integration.   1 Answer