Gordon Trucking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.4

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gordon Trucking (Ontario, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Real simple. I applied online. I received a phone call back right away. Had an interview the next day. Then was given a drive test for 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• How much experience i had.   1 Answer

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gordon Trucking (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Polite, but did not include key information on work requirements. Chose to present only seemingly positive information, completely failed to question if employees were willing to meet vastly higher work requirements. Would consider it misleading.

Interview Questions

• Only asked questions about technical qualifications. Nothing else.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Fixed corporate pay.

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lathrop, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gordon Trucking (Lathrop, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very easy paperwork skills test listen to various people in the company speak on safety chaining etc. Learned about APU and how to use it and they promised you a whole bunch of stuff that never happened the miles are lacking they're not 48 states they are 11 Western they will tell you the US fleet is 48 states

Interview Questions

• how do you feel about being out on the roads long periods of time   1 Answer

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pacific, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordon Trucking (Pacific, WA).

Interview

Gordon is looking for experienced drivers with 2+ years. Requirements are CDL MVR 10 year history and past history of employers for 10 years. Current CDL with minimum violations and DOT Medical Card. Pre-employment drug screening are mandatory. Gordon does have a Great training program for the new drivers !

Negotiation

Pay scale was upfront. Pay was based on Over the Road experience of years driving.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Gordon Trucking (Fontana, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

called for orientation and some simple knowledge testing and driving testing before employment. leave from there to training for a few weeks to see if your qualified for the driving position

Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pacific, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gordon Trucking (Pacific, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later. I was then asked to come in for an interview about a month and a half later. My interview was about 3 hours long with three different managers to include the Vice President of Northwest Operations. They had a script of questions to ask, but some didn't follow it as much as others. It seemed like the interviewers were pretty fair and interested in my military experience.

I was offered a position at the Port of Seattle

Fuel and Routing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pacific, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gordon Trucking (Pacific, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by three people (two Supervisors and the VP of Marketing), each separately during the same morning. Many questions were general in nature, such as what would you do in a certain situation, how do you handle stress, give an instance where you implemented a change and how did it go over, and the like. There was a lot of emphasis on what you do in your free time and what you feel your strengths and weaknesses are. One question that caught me off guard was, "What would a job description for you look like?" It is an interesting question but nothing that I had been asked in previous interviews.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gordon Trucking in May 2012.

Interview

Applied with Gordon Trucking online and received a call the very next day. Process began with a scheduled phone interview and within a week we scheduled an in person structured interview at Gordon HQ in Pacific, WA. The structured interview began with a brief introduction of the facility and eventually ended standing in the operations building. From there I sat with four different individuals, one at a time answering a variety of general and situational questions. Each manager had a different approach making it easy to compartmentalize. The last interviewer was with a V.P. of Operations. When finished we walked back over to HR and signed out. We'll be in touch is all you leave with.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any superpower what would it be?   1 Answer