Government of Alberta Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

3.2

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Three interviewers; HR, a director, and team manager. The team manager started off with technical questions, BA related, the director of the department asked competency questions, while HR asked general interview questions.

Financial Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Government of Alberta.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about a month later to write knowledge exam. Contacted about two months after exam for interview. They give you material to study but interview did not cover any of the material. Interview was panel style and basically went from one person to the next asking various questions.

Interview Questions

• Name something difficult you have faced in your life and how did you handle it.

Give us an example of how you deal with difficult situations/coworkers at work.   Answer Question

Policy Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta.

Interview

Usually two or three panel interview. There might be a writing task or role play. Standard interview questions usually split between Knowledge of government and position, behavioural or situational questions, and technical questions. Some departments are better than others, just depends on the specific manager and type of work. Health and Human Services are probably the worst. Justice is better but hard to get into. Justice interviews are harder and more technical than Human Services. Policy Analysts in Health have high turnover but move up the PS levels internally or laterally.

Interview Questions

• What are the GoA public service values and how do you meet them?   1 Answer

Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Alberta.

Interview

Panel of four people. Needed to do a presentation/exercise as part of the process. It took about 1.5 hours. Time to ask questions about the role and the department. Questions were a mix of knowledge/theory questions (ie. What is....) and behavioural skill questions (Tell us a time when you ....)

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta.

Interview

Three people, including HR, director, and a team manager. Before the interview, I was asked to finish a written exercise in Excel in 30 min. The written exercise is jobs-specific and I guess it differentiate from one to another. During the interview, they prepared both technical and behaviour questions. The interview took around 45min.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Alberta in March 2017.

Interview

I applied at the end of January, did testing mid-February, Interviewed in the beginning of March. The interview was about an hour long. There were three people in the room who took turns asking questions. One of them was from HR. They asked me about 20 questions both behavioural and technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you took feedback from a supervisor and used it to change your approach going forward.   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I was invited for the interview two weeks after my application. I was interviewed by two people. The questions were a mix of both competency and technical questions. After the interview, I was asked to complete a task on Excel and Word. I received feedback two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your education and experience.   1 Answer

Infrastructure Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was behavioural in nature using STAR. I was called and sent an e-mail to attend an interview for the job position. I went for the interview and had it lasted almost an hour. About 10 different behavioural questions were asked to which I provided answers to.

Interview Questions

• Direct leadership role in previous position   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a panel interview. There were 3 people. One from HR and 2 department heads. It was at a board table with sun glaring into your eyes and everyone was too close together to make eye contact and have space to feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Can you multitask?
      How do you handle conflict?
      If a colleague was constantly interrupting you what would you do?
      Where do you want to be in 5 years?
      How have you prepared for this interview?
      What is this position?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Very detailed interview, with a mix of soft and people-skill question. I was called and scheduled, with 3 people - Management, HR, and the supervisor in the room. Overall, it was a welcoming environment.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a strong candidate for this position?   1 Answer