Government of Alberta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Government of Alberta Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2017

3.1

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

1. Email will be sent to schedule an interview time 2. Interview with a panel that included the hiring manager and Human Resources for about an hour questions about the job, position, your work, experiences and examples 3. May have additional question or case

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you handled a difficult co-worker or a disagreement   Answer Question

Human Service Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Government of Alberta in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a test about a month after submission. After the test, i waited another month for the interview. The whole process was very taxing and it drags on. I went into the interview, and the pannelest seemed disinterested and just wrote my answers to the questions; sometimes with very little eye contact. It was very robatic, and the panelest tried very hard to remain impartial. No probing questions were asked.. It was just ask the question, look down and scribble away.. and then move onto the next question. Positives were they had water in the interview room. Interview last about 50 minutes

Interview Questions

• how to achieve work life balance
      Resolve conflict
      Scenerio questions   Answer Question

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Three interviewers; HR, a director, and team manager. The team manager started off with technical questions, BA related, the director of the department asked competency questions, while HR asked general interview questions.

Financial Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Government of Alberta.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about a month later to write knowledge exam. Contacted about two months after exam for interview. They give you material to study but interview did not cover any of the material. Interview was panel style and basically went from one person to the next asking various questions.

Interview Questions

• Name something difficult you have faced in your life and how did you handle it.

Give us an example of how you deal with difficult situations/coworkers at work.   Answer Question

Policy Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta.

Interview

Usually two or three panel interview. There might be a writing task or role play. Standard interview questions usually split between Knowledge of government and position, behavioural or situational questions, and technical questions. Some departments are better than others, just depends on the specific manager and type of work. Health and Human Services are probably the worst. Justice is better but hard to get into. Justice interviews are harder and more technical than Human Services. Policy Analysts in Health have high turnover but move up the PS levels internally or laterally.

Interview Questions

• What are the GoA public service values and how do you meet them?   1 Answer

Program Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Alberta.

Interview

Panel of four people. Needed to do a presentation/exercise as part of the process. It took about 1.5 hours. Time to ask questions about the role and the department. Questions were a mix of knowledge/theory questions (ie. What is....) and behavioural skill questions (Tell us a time when you ....)

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta.

Interview

Three people, including HR, director, and a team manager. Before the interview, I was asked to finish a written exercise in Excel in 30 min. The written exercise is jobs-specific and I guess it differentiate from one to another. During the interview, they prepared both technical and behaviour questions. The interview took around 45min.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Alberta in March 2017.

Interview

I applied at the end of January, did testing mid-February, Interviewed in the beginning of March. The interview was about an hour long. There were three people in the room who took turns asking questions. One of them was from HR. They asked me about 20 questions both behavioural and technical.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you took feedback from a supervisor and used it to change your approach going forward.   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I was invited for the interview two weeks after my application. I was interviewed by two people. The questions were a mix of both competency and technical questions. After the interview, I was asked to complete a task on Excel and Word. I received feedback two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your education and experience.   1 Answer

Infrastructure Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was behavioural in nature using STAR. I was called and sent an e-mail to attend an interview for the job position. I went for the interview and had it lasted almost an hour. About 10 different behavioural questions were asked to which I provided answers to.

Interview Questions

• Direct leadership role in previous position   1 Answer