Government of Alberta Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Government of Alberta Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I was invited for the interview two weeks after my application. I was interviewed by two people. The questions were a mix of both competency and technical questions. After the interview, I was asked to complete a task on Excel and Word. I received feedback two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your education and experience.   1 Answer

Infrastructure Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was behavioural in nature using STAR. I was called and sent an e-mail to attend an interview for the job position. I went for the interview and had it lasted almost an hour. About 10 different behavioural questions were asked to which I provided answers to.

Interview Questions

• Direct leadership role in previous position   1 Answer

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a panel interview. There were 3 people. One from HR and 2 department heads. It was at a board table with sun glaring into your eyes and everyone was too close together to make eye contact and have space to feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Can you multitask?
      How do you handle conflict?
      If a colleague was constantly interrupting you what would you do?
      Where do you want to be in 5 years?
      How have you prepared for this interview?
      What is this position?
      1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Very detailed interview, with a mix of soft and people-skill question. I was called and scheduled, with 3 people - Management, HR, and the supervisor in the room. Overall, it was a welcoming environment.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a strong candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Alberta.

Interview

There was an in-person behavioural interview, followed by a phone interview with the specific Ministry supervisor. The in-person interview had an HR recruiter and a political staff. Both of the interviewers were writing down my answers during the interview. The in-person interview and the phone interview were had a conversational tone.

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall, it was pretty quick. I applied online and got an email 2 days later asking to come in for an interview the next week. I got a call 2 days later letting me know I was not the successful candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• What kind of things would you look for after receiving forecast submissions from different program areas? What would be a red flag?   1 Answer
    • If there was a new division created half way through the year, how would you go about setting up the budget for that new division?   1 Answer
    • Can you think of a time when your work was sub par and a time when your work was above par?   1 Answer
    • Can you think of a time when you had to work with a team to get input for a new process/project etc.?   1 Answer

Policy AnalystProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton (South Africa)) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online, then I was called for an interview a month later. I had two weeks to prepare, and then it was about a month before they told me they had gone with someone else.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -What computer/technical skills do you have?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

45 mins or so ,asked basic questions. Asked about me and what I do and my personal experience, specifics about the project. What I would bring to the project and how I plan on aiding them in achieving their goals.

Interview Questions

• Basics about the specific project   1 Answer

Project Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was scheduled a few weeks after I had applied through my university, and the interview was conducted on campus at the my university. The whole interview was approximately 20 minutes and there were three that took turns asking me a pre-determined list of questions they had in front of them. At the end they asked for references.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Alberta (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Three interviewers; HR, a director and team manager. The team manager started off with technical questions, BA related, the director of the department asked competency questions, while HR asked general interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you prioritize activities
      What is your experience facilitating workshops
      Answer Question
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Government of Alberta Budget Analyst Interview Edmonton, AB (Canada) Tell us about your education and experience.
Government of Alberta Infrastructure Technologist Interview Medicine Hat, AB (Canada) Direct leadership role in previous position
Government of Alberta Administration Interview Calgary, AB (Canada) Can you multitask? How do you handle conflict? If a colleague was constantly interrupting you what would you do? Where do you want to be in 5 years? How have you prepared for this interview? What is this position?
Government of Alberta Systems Analyst Interview Edmonton, AB (Canada) What makes you a strong candidate for this position?
Government of Alberta Summer Interview What's the biggest challenge for the Government?
Government of Alberta Budget Analyst Interview Edmonton, AB (Canada) What kind of things would you look for after receiving forecast submissions from different program areas? What would be a red flag?
Government of Alberta Budget Analyst Interview Edmonton, AB (Canada) If there was a new division created half way through the year, how would you go about setting up the budget for that new division?
Government of Alberta Budget Analyst Interview Edmonton, AB (Canada) Can you think of a time when your work was sub par and a time when your work was above par?
Government of Alberta Budget Analyst Interview Edmonton, AB (Canada) Can you think of a time when you had to work with a team to get input for a new process/project etc.?
Government of Alberta Policy AnalystProgram Interview Edmonton (South Africa) -Tell me about yourself -What computer/technical skills do you have?
Government of Alberta Intern Interview Edmonton, AB (Canada) Basics about the specific project
Government of Alberta Project Management Assistant Interview Edmonton, AB (Canada) What are you long term career goals?
Government of Alberta Project Management Assistant Interview Edmonton, AB (Canada) Tell me about a project or achievement you are proud of.
Government of Alberta Project Management Assistant Interview Edmonton, AB (Canada) What do you think your role would be in the project?
Government of Alberta Business Analyst Interview Edmonton, AB (Canada) How did you prioritize activities What is your experience facilitating workshops