Government of British Columbia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Government of British Columbia Interview Questions

3.4

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Government of British Columbia.

Interview

thorough well detailed in depth panel interview many questions none too difficult situational scenarios questions note taking while answering nothing else to add just to fill up the required minimum words

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of British Columbia (Victoria, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Was given 10 minutes to scan the questions which include about 5 technical question and 5 behaviour questions. Questions closely related to their publications, department background. Entire process lasts about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• How to handle short noticed assignments with pressing deadline?   Answer Question

Administrative Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Panel process, three people on the panel. Behavioral interview questions provided in advance with a lot of time to process. I was nervous but the panel members made if very comfortable. They offered me water, which I recall being very surprised about. The process was well organized but you could tell it was a very structured well practiced process.

Senior Adjudicator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Government of British Columbia (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

first random questions then interview then test thought that this wasn't the best way not based on work in the office. They had there mind made up before I think this was a pointless interview. But this seems to be the way they do most of the hiring within the government. Seems really unfair to me

Information Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

Interview

Applicants are reviewed and screened by professional HR recruiters. For those that match the minimum criteria, they are handed off to the person / group who are posting the position. Shortlisted candidates are asked to complete a written assignment. These are submitted prior to the interview, as part of the final interview selection process.

Interview Questions

• Some strategic questions were asked which can at times be difficult to wrap effective language around, include specific examples of, and provide evidence of technology and management expertise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Government salaries aren't really negotiated much, particularly if you are already within the government. It's generally a set increase relative to your current position, and within salary bands.

Finance Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Government of British Columbia (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Pretty normal interview process. There were no trick questions. After the interview was over, I had got called back that day and offered the job. I then had to fill out a long questionnaire on my personal lifestyle. I was not expecting that. I then met with the Human Resources Manager to go over other policies.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult workplace situation you have had to deal with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Union position, so you take what you get. The terms are pretty specific and a contract is sent out that you have to sign.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Government of British Columbia (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

It consisted of a role play and questions with the director and two supervisors.it lasted for about one hour and was intense and detail oriented with five questions to answer.

Forest Fire Fighter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of British Columbia (Kamloops, BC (Canada)) in January 2012.

Interview

First you apply online. If you make it past the screen you run a beep test and then do an interview.
    The interview is partially based on your background and partially based on your knowledge of forest fire fighting.
    You should make sure you review the information available on their site, like basic techniques, what you may encounter, etc.

Interview Questions

• What specifically in my background will prepare me for the role?   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of British Columbia (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in July 2011.

Interview

Initial communications and interview set up very formal.
    Interview process very formal, following hiring documents developed for internal use only.
    Interview process involved large number of canned questions.
    The evaluation was, however, quite subjective - unclear what exactly was evaluated.

Interview Questions

• Questions associated with the future job, requiring knowledge of it.
      Question asking how I will be successful in the future job, without clarity what success means to the interviewers.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of British Columbia in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for a credit risk analyst position. Detailed interview on financial statement analysis and a written test on the same

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze a company for it's financial capability   Answer Question