Government of Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Two weeks after the written exam I received an e-mail inviting me to an interview. It has been scheduled in about 10 days and the skills the interviewers will assessed were indicated in the invitation. The interview lasted half an hour. The interviewers were professionals. Overall, I had a positive experience even though I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation when you had to manage many priorities at the same time   Answer Question

Payment Services Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. I would recommend taking your time thinking about your answer and writing down points that they want you to cover. There is no reason to be intimidated. One thing you should remember is that passing the interview doesn't guarantee you a position, instead, you are placed in pool of qualified candidates. The entire process can takes weeks up to months.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Gatineau, QC (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Asked to attend a group interview with the hiring manager and others from the work group. The external recruiter was also present. I was told about the general plan for the work group and type of relationship I would have with the clients, the project managers, the IT staff and what the overall goal of the larger project was.

I then spoke providing greater detail on the projects I worked on for the last 10 years: what were there goals, how I worked with the team, etc. I then discussed my strengths and weaknesses and gave examples of each.

Interview Questions

• Describe the work you did in various jobs over the last 10 years. Which skills did you use? Give examples of the main skills you used in each project. Specify in detail and talk about how well each of these techniques worked. How did you meet a challenge? What did you do wrong and how did you deal with it? What documents did you create. How did you work with IT? How did you work with the business units?   Answer Question

Corrections Canada Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

The ad was posted for a day so I applied immediately. This was the end of February. 3 weeks later, I was invited to do the test. Another 2.5 weeks later, I did the interview and was asked to submit some requirements like proof of education, ID and references. It's now been almost 3 weeks since that interview and still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to choose between management and a colleague?   Answer Question

Remote Sensing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview involved three situational questions, questions given upon arrival and had 10 minutes to look over questions and come up with answers. Interview was short 30min total time spent in interview... about 45min total with interview prep. Panel of three interviewers. Never provided feedback or told me whether I got the job or not which I found very surprising.

Director General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

very intense, 45 min prep with questions, 30 mins to respond, no probing or prompting, need to be concise and detailed at the same time. crucial to do the homework, read the rpp and dpr, know everything about priorities mission and mandate and new developments in the department.

Bilingual Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

There is a screening stage when applying for the job, I was then sent an essay style question in which I was to show how I had dealt with a specific type of situation in the past. I was then notified by email of an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Scenario style question - your manager asks you to set up a conference call for people within your home team, and remotely   1 Answer

Citizen Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of Canada (London, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview began with a written test where I was given a document to proofread and followed by a few questions based on the information in the document.

In the actual interview I was interviewed by two individuals who very friendly. The questions corresponded directly to the merit criteria in the application. They scored my answers based directly upon criteria set up by the department.

Protocol Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Canada in May 2014.

Interview

Veteran priority hiring streamlined some of the process; within 24 hours of the deadline, I was asked to interview the following week. Due to distance, conducted a video conference interview with very senior department members. This interview was based on a behavioural experience model.

Interview Questions

• The questions were actually given before hand. Still the toughest part is phrasing answers as "I" instead of "we".   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was incredibly long and tedious. They were very disorganized and there were many gaps between understanding the next steps in the process. You have to be very patient as it can be a very drawn out process and with people who often do not fully understand the next steps. Get ready for a good deal of frustration.