Government of Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Government of Canada Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

3.1

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

Crazy convoluted hiring process that takes over a year. Managed to get though the test (although I failed many in other competitions first). Interview was 5 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had two conflicting choices and had to use your judgement to move forward?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one, you accepted whatever was offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

usually written exam, then interview, then reference check, then another interview to see if fit the position. Usually really long process.

Project Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

Presentation letter, resume, interview and reference check

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us why the respect of cultural diversity in the workplace is important?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No possible negociation

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2011.

Interview

Very very easy. Just walked in and talked about my resume. There were questions about my favorite IDE and what I had done in school. I think it was because I was a student at the time and they already had other people from my program working for them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None to speak of

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

First you apply based on job postings that can easily be found online. Then you email back and forth to answer some questions. Then the direct supervisor interviews you. If they like you, you meet the principle who usually gives you an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada in April 2010.

Interview

Consist of in person interview of speaking with the hiring manager, technical test of typing and using websites.Basic questions were asked, as long as you have office working experience and can use a computer, pass the background checks , and is a Canadian citizen, you should be able to qualify.

Senior Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

I received an email inviting me to an interview on phone. This was followed by a test and then a face to face interview. Everything went fine up to the face to face interview when none of the four panel members broke a smile or responded to my 'good morning" as I entered the room. While I began responding to the first interview question (my native language is English but with an accent), one of the panelists rolled her eyes. I was asked for references prior to the face-time interview and I found that it was a positive sign. Then, as I was ushered to the elevator after the 15 minute interview and I asked about sending some details about my third reference, the panelist looked confused and said that it was too soon and that a request for them should not have been made. Really unprofessional?!

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

Informal word-of-mouth process leading to a one-year contract but a promotion. Very arbitrary. There were jobs I fully qualified for but were rejected from and those I barely qualified for but were accepted to based solely on character reference, the capacity and desperation of the potential employer to hire.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would enjoy working on this issue?   1 Answer

Remote Sensing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview involved three situational questions, questions given upon arrival and had 10 minutes to look over questions and come up with answers. Interview was short 30min total time spent in interview... about 45min total with interview prep. Panel of three interviewers. Never provided feedback or told me whether I got the job or not which I found very surprising.

Citizen Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of Canada (London, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview began with a written test where I was given a document to proofread and followed by a few questions based on the information in the document.

In the actual interview I was interviewed by two individuals who very friendly. The questions corresponded directly to the merit criteria in the application. They scored my answers based directly upon criteria set up by the department.