Government of Canada Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Government of Canada Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2017

3.1

Corrections Canada Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

The ad was posted for a day so I applied immediately. This was the end of February. 3 weeks later, I was invited to do the test. Another 2.5 weeks later, I did the interview and was asked to submit some requirements like proof of education, ID and references. It's now been almost 3 weeks since that interview and still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to choose between management and a colleague?   Answer Question

Awards Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The hiring process is multiple levels; an exam (in this instance, 2 exams), then the interview(s). The process can be daunting - you never know if there will be one exam or more, how long it will be before you get to the next step, how long the process will be overall. They would do well to streamline some of their processes, as they are far more time-consuming than the job itself warrants in some instances. If you are already a government employee, the process is usually easier, but you may deal more with internal politics and unfair hiring practices.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

Informal word-of-mouth process leading to a one-year contract but a promotion. Very arbitrary. There were jobs I fully qualified for but were rejected from and those I barely qualified for but were accepted to based solely on character reference, the capacity and desperation of the potential employer to hire.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would enjoy working on this issue?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

First you apply based on job postings that can easily be found online. Then you email back and forth to answer some questions. Then the direct supervisor interviews you. If they like you, you meet the principle who usually gives you an offer the same day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

It was a very rigorous process that requires a very good memory of certain previous experiences. They also require that you demonstrate the skills they are looking for in your answers. Bottom line is that you need to be over-prepared to do well in this interview.

Remote Sensing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview involved three situational questions, questions given upon arrival and had 10 minutes to look over questions and come up with answers. Interview was short 30min total time spent in interview... about 45min total with interview prep. Panel of three interviewers. Never provided feedback or told me whether I got the job or not which I found very surprising.

Policy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, lasted under twenty minutes. Corresponded with HR for about two weeks, then with manager for a few weeks to schedule time. Manager actually failed to show up on time for the first scheduled interview, but was very polite about it and quick to reschedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the public service, what traits do you bring to the workplace?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

In person, assessed against experience, abilities and knowledge criteria. Sat in front of a panel of 2 peers who asked several questions to assess me. THe interview lasted about 30-45 mins in total.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online. One onsite interview that was very straightforward and tested problem solving skills. I received a call saying I needed to come in to submit information for a security clearance (which is an indicator that you're on the shortlist to receive an offer).

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize and solve the following issues?
      1. A client cannot print from their workstation
      2. A client accidentally deleted an "important" file
      3. A client has forgotten his password   1 Answer

Director General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

very intense, 45 min prep with questions, 30 mins to respond, no probing or prompting, need to be concise and detailed at the same time. crucial to do the homework, read the rpp and dpr, know everything about priorities mission and mandate and new developments in the department.