Government of Canada Policy Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Government of Canada Policy Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

Informal word-of-mouth process leading to a one-year contract but a promotion. Very arbitrary. There were jobs I fully qualified for but were rejected from and those I barely qualified for but were accepted to based solely on character reference, the capacity and desperation of the potential employer to hire.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would enjoy working on this issue?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Government of Canada

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

usually written exam, then interview, then reference check, then another interview to see if fit the position. Usually really long process.

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Government of Canada.

Interview

Crazy convoluted hiring process that takes over a year. Managed to get though the test (although I failed many in other competitions first). Interview was 5 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had two conflicting choices and had to use your judgement to move forward?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one, you accepted whatever was offered

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Government of Canada (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

Panel interview against 15 people. Two of us were hired for 4 months to compete against each other. one of us was hired on a full time basis. There was a phone interview, followed by two months of wiating for a one on one interview. They also performed background checks which prevented me from working there for a month.

Interview Questions

• What are your opinions on the duty to democracy and parliament under a minority government. I thought it was an odd question, and have no idea if I answered it right.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated to get into an accelerated promotion program, but there was no room to negoiate starting salary.

Policy Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Government of Canada in April 2009.

Interview

Test, then group interview

Interview Questions

• Explain your leadership capabilities   1 Answer