Government of India Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Government of India Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Headquarters, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of India (Headquarters, ID) in April 2008.

Interview

First appeared to the Selection Committee and the viva-voice and after that only the Selection Committee will forward for appointment

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lucknow (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of India (Lucknow (India)).

Interview

Interview was of 100 marks . Final merit ia prepared after adding marks of pre + mains + interview . Please note : acc to indian government guidlines interview is scrapped off from these posts now.

Interview Questions

• 1. My hobby.   1 Answer
    • Budget was passed on that day so they asked some questions related to budget   1 Answer

Government of India Services Sector Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Government of India (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

After clearing the combined services written examination wherein 4-5 lakh candidates appear, a merit list of approx 1800 candidates is drawn who are called for a rigorous services selection board interview of five days duration wherein in Phase one screening is done and 80 percent of said strength is returned. The balance 20 percent are put to subjective psychological, GD and ground tasks followed by last phase final interview by a panel comprising a psychologist, a GTO and the President of said board. Of the said 20 percent only three percent are selected for training which is for a duration of one and half years and thereafter Presidential commission as Class I Gazetted Officer is conferred upon

Interview Questions

• Not possible to cover here.
       It is five days process wherein in Phase one screening is done and 80 percent of said strength is returned. The balance 20 percent are put to subjective psychological, GD and ground tasks followed by last phase final interview by a panel comprising a psychologist, a GTO and the President of said board.   1 Answer

Probationary Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of India (Hyderabad (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

it was moderate,mostly personal questions,asked about banking and finance,native place and its specialty and ethnic values and family background,questions like hobbies and areas of interest,why not higher education,why banking like questions

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Government of India (Bhopal (India)).

Interview

It was a well structured interview that was held over six days with 04 stages. The interview covered psychometric, group discussion, team building excercises, one on one interview, group tasks, physical and medical examinations. The interview process was highly effective in brining out the very best from the candidates. It was essential to get an overview of the process from other people who have attended in the past. This gives tremendous insight to the whole process of the assessment center. The overall experience was quite pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself in 07 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Overall experience was excellent

Assistant Director Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of India (New Delhi (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

applied through online and interview was at delhi.the experience was good. They asked about current job profile and hobbies.Panel members were friendly and the interview lasted for me for 10 to 15 min approx.

Civil Servant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Government of India.

Interview

It was a roundtable interview rather than the conventional face to face one. The interview panel was relatively cooperative; yet there were many questions for which they did not allow me to complete the answers. The experience overall was stress-free.

Interview Questions

• Have you published any of your writing? (Hobby was ‘Creative Writing’)
      What do you read on India? (Hobby – ‘Reading on India’)
      What books have you read recently?
      Where do you purchase your books from?
      What is PPP? Has it worked in India? Give an example.
      What about PPP in education? Will allowing foreign universities into India be good?
      What would your priorities be for village uplift?
      How would you rate NGOs working for development compared to public organizations?   Answer Question

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Government of India (Pune (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

You have to apply via a a public advertisement that is usually broadcast on their website and sometimes in a public newspaper. Everyone who applies that fulfills the the criteria as specified in the advertisement is called for the interview. Interview can happen in person or via Skype depending upon the situation. Depending upon the the number of candidates you will have either one or two rounds of interviews. First round will be a short 15 minute interview followed by a longer and more in depth interview for 30 minutes,

Interview Questions

• To derive the Rungge-Kutta numerical integration scheme   1 Answer

Water Supply Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solapur (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of India (Solapur (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

firstly Written Exam taken by collector office solapur then Interview taken by collector office on technical knowledge and personal things and after the interview on the basis of total marks they appointed me as Water supply Engineer.

Interview Questions

• Some Basic questions on mechanical engineering and some on personal life.   Answer Question

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Government of India in March 2014.

Interview

Personal interview by UPSC. Mainly, check the motivation of employee for DGE&T services. I liked the experience very much. TA was given, canteen is good. Asked some technical questions were not so hard for me.