Government of Ontario Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Government of Ontario Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

3.2

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Liskeard, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Ontario (New Liskeard, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was given 30 minutes on arrival to review and prepare for their 7 questions. These were all related to the job being offered, very fair and practical questions. I was allowed to take my answers in. The interview itself was 1 hour. You answer the 7 questions and both panelists write down every word you say (not a dialogue). At the end, you can ask questions in whatever time is left. Then there was a 30 minute test where I had to answer 12 questions, again directly related to the position.

Result: For various reasons, I decided the fit was not there and withdrew from consideration.

Interview Questions

• All questions were related to the job to be done (technical and situational). No BS questions.   Answer Question

Digital Communication Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Ontario (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was called by admin assistant to schedule an interview. Faced a panel of 3 from the team. Director, senior manager, manager. Questions were provided upon arrival at reception. Interview is graded on point system.

Summer Student Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Government of Ontario (London, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview took around 30 mins. The process was standard and the two interviewers are nice. I want to mention something here. I submitted my application online before January 19, the deadline for Office Assistant, buy they contacted me for an interview on April. So don't give up guys they are sometimes too slow in the recruitment process.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Government of Ontario (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had reviewed the Job spec and ensured I had prepared my answers based on what was mentioned
    I had prepared for the interview and ensured that I had my answers at the ready

Policy and Programs Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Government of Ontario (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

There was a 45 minute written test that involves summarizing and making policy recommendations. There were behavioural questions and some involving the ministry itself. Like what do you do in times of teamwork crises, and how do you work in teams in general? I also had to present my written assignment to the panel for 5 minutes as well.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be a challenge for the Ministry in the coming years?   Answer Question

Summer Experience Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Government of Ontario (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied in January and was asked whether I would like to interview in March. I was interviewed by the director and supervisor of the branch. It was relatively informal, they were very kind, friendly and responsive. They have to administer the interview the same way to all candidates which meant they stuck to their list of questions and took many notes while I was speaking. Once the interview process was over I had to do a quick writing assignment; as the role was related to communications it surrounded writing an event announcement.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you can't figure out how to solve a problem?   1 Answer
    • What could you contribute to our branch?   1 Answer

Policy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Government of Ontario (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Three steps: one written assignment (a briefing note or slide deck) to prepare a few ahead of the interview, presentation of the written assignment before the interview and then 45 min -1 hr interview. Offer made within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• - What are your key qualifications to be a policy advisor?
      - Top three policy issues facing a particular sector which falls within the purview of the the ministry
      - Situational and behavioral questions (conflicting priorities, workplace conflict resolution, negotiation issues)
      - Policy/research project experience and specific roles played and results achieved.
      - Examples of where your demonstrated communication/presentation/writing/computers kills
      1 Answer

Event Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Government of Ontario.

Interview

There was a panel in teh room of two people and I had to answer questions. They provided pen and paper to jot down my thoughts during the process and let me go back to augment answers if I thought of something new later in the process. I'd guess it took about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress at work?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Government of Ontario (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

there was a formal Panel interview with 3 Managers. It started with a Presentation, then questions about being a Systems Analyst and then a Technical test. The Presentation topic was sent by email one week before the interview. The overall experience was different than being in private sector.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if given many different priorities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. A Letter of Offer was given and they asked for a decision within a week.

SEO IT Systems Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Government of Ontario (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

There was an online form to submit an application. Process seemed to take very long to hear back for an interview, and there is a possibility that you may not hear back from them. If you are successful in achieving an interview, you will get a call back from the government regardless of whether or not you receive an offer of employment.