Govig & Associates Recruiting Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Executive Recruitment Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Govig & Associates (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2012.

Interview

__________
    Initial communications with the company:

All initial communications were over email and the representative I interacted with was professional and knowledgeable. After passing the resume review, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview.

__________
    Organization and planning of the interview:

Scheduling the phone interview was painless and my main contact was flexible and worked with my school schedule.

After passing the phone interview, I received a call asking for an in-person interview. I was in my home state at this point because of winter break, but the representative and company were very understanding. I was able to schedule the interview for when I returned to Arizona. **This may not be a typical experience. I was a college student at the time and applied for an internship position.**

__________
    Number and type of interviews:

Four interviews in total.

I went through an initial phone interview that went over my interest in the position, my life goals, my approach to different work situations, and my general work ideals.

During the in-person interview day, I was scheduled from 10:00am to 10:30am. I showed up on time and was greeted at the front desk and asked to fill out a recent employment sheet. This caught me by surprise because they had my full resume detailing this information thoroughly, but I assume it was to sample my handwriting. The sheet also asked questions about strengths, weaknesses, likes, and dislikes in work environments. After completing this sheet I was subjected to a typing test that was not mentioned to me before.

After completing this process I went to interview with a representative whose role in the office was similar to the position that I was applying to fill. The representative that I had interacted with over the phone for the interview and scheduling process was also present during this first in-person interview. We covered my resume, my expectations of the position, and future goals. I was able to ask a few questions about general work atmosphere and position responsibilities.

The second in-person interview was with a representative who would have been something like my project supervisor. The interview covered similar things as the first, but I was able to ask more in-depth questions about the company atmosphere and working relations.

Last, I was interviewed by the division manager and vice president of the company. Once again, the interview covered the aforementioned details.

After the three in-person interviews, I was shown around the office and introduced to employees that I would be working with if hired. After the tour I sat down with the representative that I had interacted with from the start (application, scheduling, etc.) and was given a taste of what I would be doing if hired.

By the time the whole process was over, it was 11:30am.

Skill assessments:
       Before the in-person interview but after the phone interview I was asked to complete a Microsoft Office Word and Excel assessment.

On the day of the in-person interview I was asked to complete a typing assessment.

Soon after the in-person interview, I was contacted to complete general personality, sales, and ideological values assessments.

Advice:

Know that Govig & Associates is an executive recruiting firm that requires interest in sales. I was unaware of this component and I believe my disinterest and inexperience in sales is the reason I was not hired.

__________
    Perceptions of the people, office, and work culture:

Everyone I interacted with was welcoming and knowledgeable. The office is set up in a "bull-pen" style organization but the personal desk space is large and accommodating. The office has creatively themed conference rooms and it seems that each employee is encouraged to be personable and unique (within reason of course). Overall I think that Govig & Associates would have been a great company to work for had I been a good fit for the position and vice-versa.

Interview Questions

• If you are interested in working in business, why are you studying sociology?   Answer Question