Grab Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grab Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Grab

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by someone from headquarter in singapore and have a quick chat about my current roles.

Second step was a technical test about SQL, third step was a technical discussion with data scientist from headquarter

Then I got an offer, overall process took 1 month to be completed

Interview Questions

• What is overfitting and how you deal with it   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Grab

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Stay away from this company!!!!
    I was referred by one of their former employee. HR reached out me, and had a short conversation. A week later, I was told there was not data scientist opening (Then why the HR set up a call with me and waist my time?!).
    Then I moved on and interviewed their competitor and got an offer in another city. Then I reached out HR again, and he set up interview for me immediately.
    I interviewed and got an offer. They gave me a low ball oral offer, but told me if I can present a competing offer, they are willing to match to their best. The reality was, they did not increase offer at all!!!!!
    HR kept saying, I have to accept offer first, then they conduct background search, then they will send written offer (What the!) .
    I took the offer and reject my other offers.
    And then, HR called me, told me they decide not to move forward! What the!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grab (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted CV online. Got an email from hr team two days later. It was a codility test. Failed this programming test as I am not a programmer. Don't know if they require this kind of programming ability for all data scientist positions.

Interview Questions

• Three problems in codility. One sql, two standard algorithm problems.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

Got contacted by recruiter and then later arranged interview. The Interview is with two data scientists. They asked questions based on resumes and dig into details of each project. Asked about my understanding of the algorithms used in my projects.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

First interview (Skype): HR discussion. Very typical.
    Second interview (Skype): Casual discussion on various ML techniques, without covering anything particularly in depth. Quite elementary questions, I guess, basically to check if the candidate has prior ecperience with data science or ML

Interview Questions

• What does an ROC curve plot?
      What's the difference between bagging and boosting?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Scheduled a phone chat through Email. Ask some general question, e.g. why the company, why the team... any question? The interviewer is nice. no techniqual questions. Waiting for the next round now! I think there may be techniqual questions in the next round~ Hope everything well!

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

I had an interview with an HR employee. She was very professional, and the discussion was enjoyable sharing my experience and knowing more about the role etc. Then They sent me two codility tests saying it's about data science.
    The first test was merely algorithms implementation, zero data science. FYI, many data scientists they come from Finance, Business, Maths and Physics backgrounds and they DO NOT need to code binary trees and dynamic programming to be successful as Data Scientists. Anyway, I have never used Codility before, and I was surprised that during the test Codility said your program is correct, but when submitting, it added some other tests making my program not correct anymore. I even tested on my local machine and I don't know what they are expecting.
    The second test was stolen from Udacity, the famous Bay Area Bike Sharing challenge, they give you 6 hours to do the whole AWESOME process, from EDA to prediction using many algorithms etc. The challenge was enjoyable to do but I guess working 6 hours without a simple breath and you don't know if you should add more EDA or not wasn't pleasant at all.
    Being frustrated about the first test, I just did the second on my own time and I didn't really care about finishing it, I was doing more freestyle more than following the rules.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

Reached out to HR and got an email back relatively fast, but next steps were not clear. Eventually met someone from the team, and had a short interview that was half technical, and half about resume/previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• What is a good way to detect anomalies?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grab (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in November 2017.

Interview

My second interview with Grab is conducted using Skype call. They was asking about your experience, based on resume/cv. What you have done and asking basic fundamental question of that.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (South Africa)) in March 2018.

Interview

Great, the interviewers are intelligent and friendly. 2 Data scientists will ask you about the past projects. what models you have used, and they will go into details of the pros and cons of the model, the pitfalls, etc.

Interview Questions

• How to solve the issue if the features are highly correlated?   Answer Question