Grab Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grab Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Grab

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Interview

Phone interview. Scheduled a phone chat through Email. Ask some general question, e.g. why the company, why the team... any question? The interviewer is nice. no techniqual questions. Waiting for the next round now! I think there may be techniqual questions in the next round~ Hope everything well!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grab

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was an hour long with two other data scientists. The offices were really filthy. The interviewers were looking for someone with less abilities. They seemed pretty annoyed when i suggested a better solution to what they were practising.

Interview Questions

• All questions were from the Resume. They seemed more interested in forecasting. They were not sure about forecasting and predictions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2015.

Interview

2 rounds
    1st was a general conversation about my past projects.
    2nd was what they called an 'econometric test', where they gave me some of their past data to play around, explore, and answer some questions. As I'm bound by a NDA which I signed prior to the exercise, that's all I can say.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell if a driver is currently working (receptive to picking up calls)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I was interviewed at GrabTaxi Singapore. Initial 2 rounds of interview was telephonic rounds. Then they invited me to their office. The office is pretty cramped up for space, even there's no proper rest rooms. Since its a startup, We can see most of developers sharing desks and chairs. Even the conference rooms were fully occupied.

The interviewer was courteous and nice, started off generally with my past experience and gave me some of the scenarios related to econometrics areas such as surge pricing and price differentitation concepts. Generally the interview though was not tough, but one cannot judge / assess what they are expecting from this role.

The unfortunate part was even after answering most of the questions correctly they did not provide a reason for rejecting after few rounds. There was no specific reason on why they did reject, what i could sense / assume is not because of the skills, it was more to do with cultural fit with the company.

Also one can sense the culture is more local and not cosmopolitan / diverse in nature as We can see a lot of people from the same nationality here and not from different nationalities.

Interview Questions

• How do you find out average number of bookings for a given day. What factors do you think will play a crucial role?

How do you thing grab can implement surge pricing concept different than that to Uber. What factors do you think will play a role here ?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

Apparently every start-up wants to hire a 'Data Scientist', regardless of whether they know what it is or if they need one. The interview was conducted over a phone from someone in HR Section. First off, I do not understand the concept behind conducting an interview over the phone when I am in the same city. The lady who spoke to me could barely speak in English and there was a lot of background noise. She asked me to describe my current work but and as I did I realized she has no idea about Data Science anyway. I asked what would be the job description and she seemed unsure. Based on my understanding, they needed someone to create a DBMS and in addition plot a few graphs if needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

Talking to one of the employee in the machine learning team. Ask background and projects according to my CV, and ask some questions about the projects they are currently doing.