Grab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grab Interview Questions

Interviews at Grab

2.9

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

Got a initial phone interview with Grab. I gave them my availability a few hours later. I did not hear a response back for 4 days. They then set up an interview which I was unavailable for I updated my response and they got back to me in another 2 days with a new time. I declined the interview request because of lack of communication and promptness. Recruiters are supposed to be representing their company and if this is how the company operates I don't want to be involved.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Grab in January 2018.

Interview

Weird interview in Seattle office. I was excited going in but the interview completely turned me off. Mainly because of a lack of diversity and no desire to change that either. I thought it was odd there there are no women there except for recruiters. The weird part was when one of the interviewers told me they prefer to hire Asians. Not even worth discussing the rest of the interview, I was done.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Initial email after I sent in my resume is received after 10 days. Then I was expected to complete online tests for 30 minutes which is average in terms of difficulties. After I completed the tests, I have to wait about a week for the callback for interview. I haven't received it yet. But I appreciate the hiring process which is concise, simple, and efficient.

Interview Questions

• The tests include problem solving, comprehension, logical reasoning, quantitative skills, and critical thinking   1 Answer

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grab (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through Grab's official website.
    The HR contact me after 1.5 month and asked for my schedule for the nexr 2 weeks. I recenived the interview information one month after that. However, HR forgot to tell me the location and interviewer. I received the reply only 2.3 days before interview.
    They canceled the interview in the noon on the day. But informed me only by e-mail.
    The HR said will reschedule the interview for me as soon as possible. I reminded her twice but she forgot. Until the third time, she promply arrange for me which is 3 weeks after the first interview. This time she forgot to mention interviewer's name too.
    The interview was conducted in Cecil Court which is different from last time. Another nightmare starts...

Interviwers interupted me very frequently and asked wierd questions. You know they are not professtional in the area. They don't care what is your opion when doing reaearch but only the method name of the research. They keeped asking me what is your method but I already emplained. I prepared many ideas for grab upon some observation, they are not keen to know.

As sucks as i heard. Office environment is dissapointed too.
    Anyway, it is the place u better dont go.

Interview Questions

• What is the method you use? (although I am already explaining it).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Grab (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted CV online. Got an email from hr team two days later. It was a codility test. Failed this programming test as I am not a programmer. Don't know if they require this kind of programming ability for all data scientist positions.

Interview Questions

• Three problems in codility. One sql, two standard algorithm problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by someone from headquarter in singapore and have a quick chat about my current roles.

Second step was a technical test about SQL, third step was a technical discussion with data scientist from headquarter

Then I got an offer, overall process took 1 month to be completed

Interview Questions

• What is overfitting and how you deal with it   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Stay away from this company!!!!
    I was referred by one of their former employee. HR reached out me, and had a short conversation. A week later, I was told there was not data scientist opening (Then why the HR set up a call with me and waist my time?!).
    Then I moved on and interviewed their competitor and got an offer in another city. Then I reached out HR again, and he set up interview for me immediately.
    I interviewed and got an offer. They gave me a low ball oral offer, but told me if I can present a competing offer, they are willing to match to their best. The reality was, they did not increase offer at all!!!!!
    HR kept saying, I have to accept offer first, then they conduct background search, then they will send written offer (What the!) .
    I took the offer and reject my other offers.
    And then, HR called me, told me they decide not to move forward! What the!

Android Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

There were 5 stages, after the final one I didn't get any response for a while and then got the message that they have selected another candidate. Also sometimes I didn't get responses between the stages for a couple weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is my expected salary rate?   1 Answer

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Remote, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

There were three interviews and one coding challenge. the code challenge was on codility and the interviews were made in skype. They give me a problem and I share my screen with them to solve it.

Interview Questions

• How to handle microservices with nodejs   1 Answer

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Small, well structured group in Seattle. Quick interview process, one meeting with senior director and then three SDE type interviews which were quite challenging. The team is good, efficient team.

Interview Questions

• Schedule meetings with least number of conference rooms, print vertical traversal of binary tree, AWS based architecture questions (how to handle failures, design Spotify like service), optimize a file sharing service running out of one box, solve maze with barriers.   Answer Question