Grab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grab Interview Questions

Interviews at Grab

2.9

Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews, I really liked how the interviewers interacted. However, HR is very unprofessional. After the interviews, I was informed to leave as all my scheduled interviews were complete and when I asked for an update, I was told to wait for two days. I didn't receive any update for more than a week. I dropped them an email and they didn't revert and after 11 days I received an automated email that I was rejected. So, I decided to follow up with the HR on the feedback and I was told they don't give feedback!
    I understand if the process is taking longer but why to keep the candidates in the dark for so long and not share the feedback! Very unprofessional!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

30 mins with recruiter, just chit chat, quite relaxing and it's more about knowing one another. 45 mins with engineering manager, white board coding throughout, in my opinion, this is the 'real' interview. questions are not hard, just need to calm down and write down the answers. Following up questions could be quite challenging.

Interview Questions

• 1. Reverse a sentence of words
      2. find out the only none duplicated number from an array
      3. find out the last nth node in a linked list   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grab (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

It was worst experience ever. They have poor knowledge of arranging interview as well as poor engineers. HR communication is too harsh, sometime they just don't respond for anything. I'm assuming they have poor internet to check their emails or they just treat others bad.

Interviewer enters into cabin for interview without my resume or exercise(submitted earlier). Have no idea about what he asking to the candidates.

After interview, it's been 3 months. HR doesn't replied back for almost 10 update asking mails.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked such lame questions that I wouldn't even mention/answer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Phone call, coding test and onsite. Pretty standard process. Very technical with focus on data structure and algorithms.

HR is unprofessional and asks illegal question during interview.

It is an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your marital status ? (Isn’t this question illegal) ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

Initial interview and technical interview is okay. On the final interview (which is usually a non-tech interview), I was asked the very same technical questions during the first tech interview. I proceeded anyway and during the Q&A portion I said to the interviewer that the HR notified me that this should be the final interview and he replied "oh we put through candidates to more technical interviews when we see fit". I realized that this was an excuse when 10 mins before the interview ends, he suddenly said "well, okay let's proceed to some behavioral questions then". There was a clear miscommunication between the HR and interviewer.

I received an email 2 days later saying that I passed and they will make a pre-offer call after completing some questionnaires. 2 days later, they reject me stating that they decided to move forward with another candidate??? Really???

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called and interviewed about half and hour asking background and work experience. Then, there was a technical test. It is a simple API call with exception handling to get three unique responses.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

HR round with a quick coding test. be prepared to be grilled on your current experience, and why you're leaving the company etc.

This was followed by a tech screening(2 round), one for backend and one for frontend. You'll be expected to code online.

Finally a Hiring manager round where the focus was on culture fit. Be prepared with standard behaviour questions like what was the most challenging work,how did you solve it, how do you resolve people conflicts and stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable, if you're able to explain why you think you deserve that much. Having a competing offer also helps.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

It was a very well organized interview process, with first coding round where you have to solve certain coding questions in a given time, after that there was a telephonic interview followed by face to face interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was swift and simple. Total of four rounds, all technical. Interviewers were polite and asked relevant questions. Interview was done on skype and on phone. Coding round was the most fun.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grab in September 2017.

Interview

I had a terrible experience with Grab. HR is so bad that they won't even reply to your emails for scheduling interviews and sharing feedbacks after the interview. They are extremely unprofessional. I got rejected after first skype round.
    The interviewer was very rigid and he was not open for a discussion. He wanted the exact answer to a problem whose solution he mugged up. He didn't give time to think even. He asked me 6 problems, out of which I answered 5 correctly and he was affirmative.
    The one problem which I got little stuck was a discussion problem. He was not ready to even discuss it, he wanted to hear some technical words that he knows. Don't know what he was trying to ask.
    After the interview, I thought I will be selected. But, got a rejection email.
    Don't waste the time of candidates if you don't want to hire.

Interview Questions

• Binary Tree, Queue using two stacks, Java concepts, DB concurrency.   Answer Question