Grab Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grab Interview Questions

Interviews at Grab

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Online testing 3 coding in 130 mins and Skype interview 30-40 mins 7-9questions contain data structure,http protocol,Linux,regular express , and then face to face technology interviews to grab company, the last is the hr interview.

Interview Questions

• how to balance (()).like(())()balanced,((()))))(unbalanced。   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Grab (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

It was worst experience ever. They have poor knowledge of arranging interview as well as poor engineers. HR communication is too harsh, sometime they just don't respond for anything. I'm assuming they have poor internet to check their emails or they just treat others bad.

Interviewer enters into cabin for interview without my resume or exercise(submitted earlier). Have no idea about what he asking to the candidates.

After interview, it's been 3 months. HR doesn't replied back for almost 10 update asking mails.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked such lame questions that I wouldn't even mention/answer   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2018.

Interview

First phone screen from recruiter.
    Telephonic round with an engineer.
    Onsite round - supposed to be 3 rounds but they took 2 rounds.

In F2F, There were 4 interviewers, 3 were juniors. In the first round, one of the interviewers was constantly interrupting & he was a new Grab joiner and seemed like he lacked in experience to be an interviewer, they were not engaging as interviewers, another junior seemed to be little better though. Due to interruption, many times I lost my concentration. This impacted the second round as well because 2nd round interviewers got feedback from the 1st round interviewers. And also I didn't find the interviewers very knowledgeable moreover the discussions were not engaging. All in all, I did not have a good experience though the company seems to be a solid one. HR was responsive before the interview, but after the interview they stopped responding though I mailed them multiple times - now a days it's a very typical HR behaviour - either they lie to the candidate or they don't respond. I would request the recruiting team to decide interviewers based on candidate's seniority level so that at least the interview becomes enjoyable ( although it depends on the personality of the panel & candidate as well ).

Interview Questions

• Telephonic: A question based on binary tree.
      F2F 1. Designing a caching service.
      F2F 2. Algo DS question, object oriented design.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab in July 2018.

Interview

I applied through a Grab post on LinkedIn. Since, I was not actively looking for a change, so I asked the recruiter to schedule an interview in 2 weeks time so that I can prepare for the interview. I had a telephonic discussion followed by three face to face technical rounds including a hiring manager round.

Overall, I am very satisfied with Grab's interview process. Scheduling was smooth and interviewers were on time. Interview was bit difficult but nothing unimaginable. One positive thing is that the hiring manager round went for one hour in which 45 minutes were spent in technical discussions on whiteboard, while only 15 minutes on goals and cultural fit questions.

Interview Questions

• I cannot disclose the exact questions. However, here is what I can share:
      1. Problem solving: A graph question that started with simply source-destination reachability, but interviewer twisted the problem twice which also tested your backtrack/dp knowledge. Detailed discussion on time and space complexity and interestingly I was asked to optimize on space complexity as well. Must know: Graph - BFS/DFS + Backtrack and optimization using DP.   1 Answer
    • 2. System design: Working on a scalable web app will help a lot in this round. I am thankful to my previous company where I could learn and implement concepts. Be clear about goals that the system should be achieve, avoid over-engineering if the goals are not big. Start with a simple solution and build on that.   1 Answer
    • 3. Hiring manager: Started with a technical problem that their team is trying to solve. It was an interesting and intellectually stimulating discussion. Drawing out different components on whiteboard. Last 15 minutes of the interview was more on my personal goals and cultural fit questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

After written round, I gave one skype round which went very well, after a long wait of one week, I got that he didn't select me. I don't know why?

Interview Questions

• Connect all nodes at same level.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Phone call, coding test and onsite. Pretty standard process. Very technical with focus on data structure and algorithms.

HR is unprofessional and asks illegal question during interview.

It is an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your marital status ? (Isn’t this question illegal) ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

Initial interview and technical interview is okay. On the final interview (which is usually a non-tech interview), I was asked the very same technical questions during the first tech interview. I proceeded anyway and during the Q&A portion I said to the interviewer that the HR notified me that this should be the final interview and he replied "oh we put through candidates to more technical interviews when we see fit". I realized that this was an excuse when 10 mins before the interview ends, he suddenly said "well, okay let's proceed to some behavioral questions then". There was a clear miscommunication between the HR and interviewer.

I received an email 2 days later saying that I passed and they will make a pre-offer call after completing some questionnaires. 2 days later, they reject me stating that they decided to move forward with another candidate??? Really???

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grab (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2018.

Interview

Almost 4-5 rounds which overall took two weeks of time (which included delay from my end as I wasn't available immediately)
    - Online coding written test
    - Tech 01 Round
    - Tech 02 Round (Assignments)
    - Hiring Manager
    - HR
    - Offer Rollout in 2-3 Days

Interview Questions

• Online coding tests were on hackerEarth and Algorithmic Questions
      Tech Round Involved a good amount of Programming (Algo and DS)
      Hiring Manager was more of Product understanding   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied to the position 'Mobile Engineer, (Android). I had 5 interviews:
    1. Short interview with HR + easy Android test with 10 questions.
    2. Coding interview - to sort string in a custom order
    3. Coding interview - to write in pseudocode mini architecture
    4. Soft skills interview - company culture and etc.
    5. Tech skills interview with a team lead.

Interview Questions

• Difference between HashMap and ConcurrentHashMap   3 Answers
    • You have a custom string. You should sort another string in the same order, missing letter should be in the end without sorting e.g. :   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab.

Interview

Coding test was in codility. It was a 3 hr test. It had 3 tasks to be completed. Everything was dynamic programming .Must have excellent coding skills. Should code in a easy way for any one to understand.