Grab Senior Backend Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grab Senior Backend Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Grab

Senior Backend Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grab in February 2019.

Interview

After the first background interview, then I got to the second round with two interviewers with total 2 hours
(1) a coding test about phone number arrangement.
(2) a system design about game math.

Other Interview Reviews for Grab

Senior Backend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grab (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in October 2018.

Interview

Today, I have an interview meeting with Grabtaxi Vietnam. A really funny story
    The interviewee's role is Engineer Owner.

He's too proud of about himself, and actually the meeting like a beatdown show for him to show off. He did not listen and always try to beat me down. He had never accepted my answers, even my answer same meaning but different words with his explanation, then he always said to me "You're 8 years experience, but... bla bla". I don't know how many times he said that, and of course I become upset but I keep calm to looking forward some advance knowledgement from him but nothing new.

After spending more than 1hrs, what made me really disappointed and gave up is:

He gave me a simple question to design database & write sql script:
    - You have Item and Order, let design DB and then write SQL to extract all Items which have been placed in >=2 Orders.

My answer is I create 3 tables Item(item_id, name), Order(order_id, name), and Item_Order(item_id, order_id). My sql script is:
    select a.item_id, a.name
    from Item a, Item_Order b
    where a.item_id = b.item_id
    group by a.item_id
    having count(b.order_id) >= 2;

After I finished it, he rejected and said: "You're wrong, I had 5 years at Lazada just work with SQL. You have to group by order_id instead of item_id. If I am wrong, I will resign Grab company immediately"

I tried many times explain to him, and finally he understood. This is 1st time, he accepted that he's wrong, but it's also the last time, because I gave up, I can't continue that useless meeting and waste time. I think he should keep his promise because he not only didn't respect candidate who pay time to visit Grab but also didn't respect Grab company that is the reason he bet it easily and he lose (shame on him). Haha. Btw, I don't think he's enough expert and professional to represent for Grab.

Interview Questions

• You have Item and Order, let design DB and then write SQL to extract all Items which have been placed in >=2 Orders.   1 Answer