Grab Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grab Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Grab

1 Interview Review

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Phone screening from HR recruiter was unprofessional!

She was late in calling for a 30-min phone interview and didn't have a structured approach to asking asking and framing questions. She also asked for my current salary (which I repeatedly refused to disclose in a professional manner, stating that I am competitivrly remunerated and happy to work with her budget) but she was extremely persistent and kept emphasizing that if I do not reveal my salary, then she cannot proceed to the next stage because we cannot have a 'frank conversation', and that she will ask all candidates for this information. What nonsensical and archaic HR recruiting practices! Is this an isolated incident or are Grab's recruiters living in the 90s?

I turned around the question and asked her for the budget for the position which she refused to disclose. I then told her it's a 2-way street as far as having frank conversations are concerned. We spent at least 8-10 minutes going to-and-fro on this current salary topic alone.

If the recruitment team reflects the culture at Grab, I would stay far away. This is not the modern, progressive, high-tech company that I have an impression of.

Interview Questions

• - What is your motivation in joining Grab? (they are trying to look for culture fit here.)
    - Are you OK that you are not leading a team in this position? (I was an experienced hire with team management experience)
    - Why did you move from your last 2 jobs ?(relatively short stints of 1 year and 2 years - but not short by tech world's standard.)
    - And of course, what is your current salary? (Flat out refused to disclose - it is my right.)   Answer Question