Grab Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grab Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Grab

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview in Seattle office was normal, 3 rounds regular algorithm and design stuffs like all other companies. But if they don't like you, they just reject you silently without bothering response an inquiry email. For a company aiming to attract FB and Google talents in US, it is better to treat candidates with respect as it reflects how it treats employee to some extent. For folks who are joining them in Seattle, be prepared to work at night to sync with their Asian teams and hunt down information hard from Asia. That seems a common thing current employees do not like.

Interview Questions

• DFS, design large scale distributed systems   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Grab

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grab (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

- A recruiter called and then scheduled a technical phone interview
    A guy called with a thick asian accent asked basic questions. He wasn't listening most of the time. At some points he was like "you did not answer the question" when I asked what the answer should be then he said exactly what I answered, that was very frustrating.
    Then when 20 minutes left he asked me to implement a coding question... The question was very hard and would take more than 40 minutes. I asked him if it is OK to do a naïve answer since we don't have much time then he said "sure". Finally he just wanted to leave and answered my questions very quickly ending it with "do you have more questions?". Overall the interview was really bad and not professional. I would definitely have declined to continue the interview process if they asked me to.

Interview Questions

• A question about matrix and finding groups in the matrix (confidential)   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Grab (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

First an online test , then they invited me for F2F , but I could not make it to the F2F - the HR never bothered to ask for my availability - no news from them for 1 month , then they setup a Phone interview - standard DS/Algo Questions , project , design . The first F2F over skype was scheduled on a weekday without even asking me , I asked to reschedule that - which was rescheduled without asking for my availability again.

The interviewer was in a hurry - asked about tech used in projects , DS/Algo , the interviewer didn't understand the code ,then when i tried to explain , he was like I will check later . Another standard app design question , which I again tried to describe in detail - but again he didn't quite understand , neither made the effort to understand - the interviewer was probably looking for a solution that he knew . Overall a terrible experience .

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening covered problem solving skills. After almost a month HR called for an onsite interview. Three rounds of onsite interview covered Algorithm and data structure questions where i have to write code on computer/whiteboard.
    Better to carry your laptop to code on computer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Right view of a binary search tree
      2. Java threads questions, Build your own concurrent hash map   4 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Grab in March 2015.

Interview

I was given an online test first. Then followed by 3 more rounds of interview afterwards. Was asked about CS fundamentals and the domain knowledge required for the role I interviewed for. The last round was an onsite interview with the VP of Engineering.

The entire process was swift and smooth. Replies from the recruiters did not take more than 3 working days.

Overall experience was pretty good.

Interview Questions

• How do you check that a given binary tree is a valid balanced binary search tree?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2015.

Interview

Tech Interview with Live Coding on 'collabedit' - three rounds about an hour each on one of GrabTaxi Singapore's Superdays.

First round was a string manipulation question, second round was related to usage of data structures (queues, heaps, time complexity questions). For collabedit, you could choose which language to code in, I chose Java. Both the first two rounds involved coding on collabedit.

For the third round an array with elements from 1 to n, one of them is missing, another is duplicated. Find the duplicate and the missing, as well as designing a URL shortener.

Helpful HR.

Interview Questions

• Format a string of numbers to display a currency - example" "1234.678" to "1,234.68"   1 Answer