Grab UX Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grab UX Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at Grab

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grab in January 2018.

Interview

Application:
I applied on-line, the process take almost 3 months,I got the screen interview in January 2018.

Interview
 A call with the lead UX designer:
1.My background, project I have done: try to figure out my skillset
2. A design challenge.
3. A review of the design challenge at the end.

The interviewer is very nice and very friendly,I like her!
But: The HR ask my available time on December, I have sent two emails to her, then I got the replay on 20th of January. The HR sent me detail of the interview at 2:00am ,and interview is at 10:00am,I woke up at 8:00am >.<,Just 2 hours for me to eat breakfast, check my internet and prepare a little.
 I think this process need to be improved, not only for interviewers' but also good for the company. Should think about what kind of the first brand impression the company want to leave for candidates.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grab

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process took about 3 weeks to finish including the assignment & HR process.

First interview was done by 2 of the design lead covering experience, basic skills and general Q&A and was closed with short brief of the assignment. Second and third round interview is assignment review with the team (2 leads and 3 designers) along with the Head of Design. Interview was done in a rather relaxed fashion trying to find positives in both sides rather than the negatives.

Once confirmed with the team, the HR will take over the process within a highly digitized workflow. Several required documents and character judges was then submitted for further processing.

Interview Questions

• Why join Grab? What is your expectation by joining the company?   Answer Question

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Grab (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Submitted my resume and got a reply with a recommendation one month later for another role, which I was more than happy to try out.

I completed an assignment and was arranged to attend the first round interview with the hiring manager. She was very friendly, interactive and enthusiastic, and asked a lot on my working experience and thought process. Felt positive and hopeful at the end of the interview.

That changed when I was called for a 2nd interview with the Team Lead, who was quite friendly but 10 mins into the interview, I could tell that he wasn't interested in hiring me into the team at all due to my lack of industry experience. I tried to keep the conversation going by asking questions related to the role, but he was only interested in the technical tools I use and reacted with strange looks (those tools are common in the industry). The interview took just 20 mins and expectedly I didn't get an offer.