GradStaff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.4

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GradStaff (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

After applying online, they sent me a text to keep an eye out for an e-mail or phone call regarding a phone interview. I received both, and set up a 10 minute phone interview. It ended up being about 15 minutes, with basic question regarding your experience and what you're looking for.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GradStaff in June 2017.

Interview

I was recruited through Indeed.com and scheduled a phone interview for the following day. The recruiter did not call me at the scheduled time and asked me to reschedule for the next day. I accepted and awaited their call. They asked me general questions and towards the end, the recruiter said that I did not fit the position that was offered and that they would call me when any position would fit with my background. Overall, I am not impressed and would probably not be using GradStaff throughout my job search in the near future.

Interview Questions

GradStaff Response

Jul 3, 2017 – SVP of Corporate Support

I am sorry on behalf of our team that your call was rescheduled. It does not happen often, but we thank you for being flexible and glad you were able to connect! Unfortunately, every job one applies... More

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GradStaff.

Interview

The interview process was insightful. She helped tailor my answers to commonly asked behavioral questions using the STAR method. She made sure I was searching for job opportunities that match my skill set and interests. They help you find a career, with them or on your own. Wonderful people!

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail/ tell a story about a time that you took constructive criticism well.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GradStaff (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

You start by filling out a form that asks questions about your career interests. Then the interviewer comes in and asks you about 30-45 minutes worth of questions relating to your skills and experience. The questions are pretty basic, nothing that should throw you off if you've been in interviews before or have prepared a little!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your writing skills.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, how did you diffuse the situation?   Answer Question

Job Applicant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GradStaff (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed to determine whether or not I was a good fit for the company to work with to place in a job. I was applying to be a candidate in their roster to offer to clients -- not to actually work at Grad Staff.

I submitted an application online, and I waited a bit before hearing back. I received a text telling me to anticipate a phone call. Later That day I received a phone call and voicemail. I called back, at which point I completed a phone interview. I was told they do Evaluation to Hire placements, with the expectation that after the end of the trial period their client would hire the candidate. I was told I'd receive a call if they had interest in me.

I received a call a week later to setup an in person interview. The interview first had my initial recruiter questioning me. After the interview they provide feedback on your interview and resume so you can perform well if you're interviewing for a position with their client. Finally, a second person came into the room to ask about placement/career preferences.

Afterwards, I was told I'd be contacted if a client need someone with skill set. However, I found a job first elsewhere before they had a chance to setup a potential interview.

Interview Questions

• What is an example when someone at work asked you to do something unethical, and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a supervisor.   Answer Question
    • How organized are you?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GradStaff.

Interview

It was pretty brief over the phone. The phone interview was not for the position itself but it was what they offer as a company. They did not ask me questions pertaining to the position but what I would like to do in a career. They are suppose to find the job that you would be best for after the general information they gathered from the phone interview. It was more of a recruiter than an actual job interview.

Entrylevel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GradStaff (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

I uploaded my resume to their website. They called me and explained that they do a quick process, so I should contact them when I am ready to go. Short phone interview, then in person. Interviewers were nice, helpful, and on point. They are a placement agency, and I found them to be very helpful

Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GradStaff (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The first interview was a basic phone screening about my resume and school background. After the phone screening they wanted me to come in for a one on one interview that would last about 90 minutes. The interview process did take the full 90 minutes as they told me it would. They gave great feedback after the interview was complete! The behavioral interview process was a process you have to be absolutely prepared for, its hard to come up with stuff right off the top of your head. Overall, it was a great interview experience, even if you get placed or not. Great company and very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• "Give a time you worked in an overwhelmed or stressful situation and how you over came it"   Answer Question

Aug 26, 2016 – VP of Corporate Support

Thanks for the kind words! Our behavioral-based interview process is designed by psychological scientists from the University of MN to help us learn and understand our job seekers so we can make a... More

General Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GradStaff (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume and within a day got a request for a phone interview with the company. This was a screening interview, not for a particular job, even though I submitted my resume for a specific position. The phone interview involved the typical get to know you questions including why you chose your major, salary requirements etc. This was all fine.

The issue was: the recruiter indicated she would be in contact with me. She said "when" a position was available, not "if." She was never in contact and, given I had credentials matching if not exceeding almost every job GradStaff advertises, I believe she never intended to be in contact. Now, I don't at all take offense if I was not a good candidate for them. But why pretend rather than simply saying, "Sorry, I don't think you are a good fit for us," or even a simple follow up email saying something similar?

GradStaff, your reps seem intent on replying to many of the negative reviews, so here is some simple advice: be more transparent with your process. If you are not interested in a candidate, do NOT say you are. It's that simple.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements   1 Answer

Aug 26, 2016 – VP of Corporate Support

Thank you for your feedback. I can't comment on your particular conversation, but I will note that if we truly believe our services are not a fit for a candidate, we will certainly make that known... More

Other Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GradStaff (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

GradStaff is a staffing agency for recent college graduates. I applied since I recently graduated college and wasn't sure how to utilize my degree. The interview process did take the full 90 minutes they said it would. They will give you feedback on how you interview and give you tips. I would recommend them for someone who doesn't have a ton of experience job hunting or low interview skills. They did call me back in 2 weeks saying they had 2 positions that they would like me to interview for. I turned both down since I found my own employment. Overall, I had a positive experience with them. Do not rely on them as your only method of finding a job!!!

Interview Questions

GradStaff Response

Aug 26, 2016 – VP of Corporate Support

Thank you for the review! You are correct, our services are best used as a piece of a job search strategy. No one should rely on just one method. Networking with family and friends, online... More