Graduate Fasttrack Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2016

2.6

Any Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)).

Interview

There was around 25 graduates in total that attended this assessment day. There was a brief introduction to the agency, what roles they offer and an explanation as to what each role consists of. Afterwards, one by one everyone was asked to introduce themselves (Name, University, sales experience, fun fact). After this there was a group activity (you work with the people sat at your table). Firstly you have to rate (e.g 1-10) the applicability of statements to a given scenario, then discuss amongst your group and agree on a rating. After this, we had to work in pairs, gaining some information on your pair for a sales pitch presentation on why the agency should recruit your pair (obviously to assess your own capabilities and not that of your pair). Then the room was divided with those names called out of the room being unsuccessful. Those that were successful went on to a 'panel' interview, and from my experience and from speaking to other candidates, there was one 'main' potentially more experienced recruiter asking all the questions and one other supposedly less senior consultant witnessing the interview. Some reviews suggest this was a relaxed environment, however, I unfortunately instead found it quite tense and judgemental. If you want a position within a corporate, stiff environment then this professional agency may be suitable for you to work with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Wasn't told that it was an assessment day - only invited to come in to meet a recruiter - no mention of assessment - relaxed assessment day mainly focussed on group tasks but not as rewarding or well structured as other assessments from competitors

Interview Questions

• Something interesting about yourself
      3 Things that make a good salesman
      Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The company will likely contact you before (if you have your CV on job sites). Initially the conversation will be with a recruiter asking you about what you are looking to do next in your career. This company only offers sales and recruitment positions. If these are the sectors you are interested in I think they could be a good company to go with because they say they put you forward for different positions.

After the call you will get an email inviting you to an assessment day, they want you to go the earliest one. There are less than ten people at the assessment day. First you hear about what roles they offer recruitment, finance sales, media sales, IT sales and business intelligence. Then everyone introduces themselves, you have to work individually on numbering the order of importance in a set task and then work in a group to decide the order but make sure you stand up for yourself if you disagree because you say how many answers you changed and how many stayed the same at the end. They then ask some people to leave the room and they aren't invited to the final interview. If you make it through this part you are then invited to the final interview with a recruiter and senior recruiter - one will be the person you spoke to on the phone. Usual sales questions, show your passion, motivations, money motivated etc.

They ask for names of any friends you have who are interested in this position as well and if they get hired you get 200 pound if they stay in their position for 3 months.

Interview Questions

• You have to say why the person next to you would be the best for being recruited and sell them. You are given some time to talk to them beforehand.   Answer Question

Graduate Recruitment Process Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

We were placed in groups and had to introduce ourselves to the whole group. Then we had to complete a range of tasks including a moon survival exercise and selling various products including chopsticks. The successful candidates went on to complete face to face interviews where your experience and desire to work in sales was investigated.

Interview Questions

• Discuss/ argue why the U.K should vote to leave the European Union.   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Everyone brought into a room and asked to introduce themselves. Tasks included solving a problem as a group and selling a candidate. The problem-solving task probably varies in difficulty according to your group, I was quite fortunate as most of mine shared similar-ish opinions. Selling your partner was quite easy too, you just need to ham it up and give the interviewers a reason to remember you.

There was then a break and the group split in two, with the ones asked to leave the room then being told they hadn't made the next stage. The next stage was an interview with one of their consultants and a senior manager, which I found a bit more difficult - I suppose the senior manager's demeanour unsettled me a bit. They then left for about ten minutes and the senior manager came back and told me I hadn't been successful and provided feedback. This part wasn't particularly easy listening but I actually found the feedback quite valuable as it was pretty much all constructive. Then he escorted me out and said he'd "be in touch", I guess to put the other candidates still waiting at ease (everyone did this).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

There's an initial phone interview just a general chat about why you want to do sales and they teach you what to say in the interview. Then there is an assessment day with about 30 other people, you get put into groups where you have to do a few negotiation tasks. Key is to be yourself... but louder. If you are successful after the group tasks, you get to have a face to face interview with a panel of 2, pretty laid back easy interview.

Financial Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Started out as an assessment centre type deal with 25-30 people. Various tasks to test how persuasive and confident you are, after these anyone they don't feel is good enough is asked to leave. Then followed an interview with 2 of their staff, and it became clear that they hadn't read my CV/cover letter before this. Told I wouldn't be put on their books because of no sales experience, something clear from my CV, and wasn't mentioned as a requirement in the job description. Just want to get as many people through the doors as possible and they might get a couple of candidates they like.

Assessment Day Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

awful experience, you could tell they enjoyed making candidates feel worthless. Honestly, they enjoyed telling candidates to go home throughout the assessment day. They make you get up in front of a room of people and make you tell them why you're the better candidate. Assessment centre focused on selling self and you have to sell someone else as well. Also, there is a warm up task at start - it's timed so just put your hand up as soon as you get it and say you're done - person with shortest time wins, don't bother doing the task. There is another group task, which involves ranking and persuading people to agree with you. Finally, there is an interview, which is really straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you over everyone else in the room?   Answer Question

IT Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

First part of the day was group tasks and activities, second part of the day was an individual interview.

Group tasks included selling each other to a panel of judges, negotiating potential solutions to a community problem and deciding which items were most useful on the moon.

The whole process lasted around five hours and was quite informal and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Interesting fact, why would you be good within sales etc   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graduate Fasttrack (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

There are four stages.First the phone interview. If you are successful you are called in for the assessment day. There are three stages and people are sent home as the day goes on.
     The first stage is a game where you have to give a 'fact' and others have to guess whether its true or not. The next is an exercise to see if you can persuade others to accept your suggestions and the last is you trying to sell another interviewee to the recruiter. I passed all the stages but failed the one and one interview stage simply because I didn't mention money in one of my answers even though I mentioned money initially and had mentioned money throughout the day. I was kind of annoyed by this because I don't think that's a good enough reason to reject me. At least they give feedback so its not all that bad.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Graduate Fasttrack Any Position Interview London, England (UK) Sell your pair
Graduate Fasttrack IT Sales Executive Interview London, England (UK) Something interesting about yourself 3 Things that make a good salesman
Graduate Fasttrack Sales Interview London, England (UK) You have to say why the person next to you would be the best for being recruited and sell them. You are given some time to talk to them beforehand.
Graduate Fasttrack Graduate Recruitment Process Interview London, England (UK) Discuss/ argue why the U.K should vote to leave the European Union.
Graduate Fasttrack Sales Executive Interview London, England (UK) Why do you want to work in sales etc
Graduate Fasttrack IT Sales Executive Interview London, England (UK) Why do you want to be in Sales?
Graduate Fasttrack Financial Sales Interview London, England (UK) What makes you better than all the other candidates?
Graduate Fasttrack Financial Sales Interview London, England (UK) What's the hardest you've ever worked in paid employment?
Graduate Fasttrack Financial Sales Interview London, England (UK) Run through all the paid work you've ever done
Graduate Fasttrack Assessment Day Interview London, England (UK) Why should we pick you over everyone else in the room?
Graduate Fasttrack IT Sales Executive Interview London, England (UK) Interesting fact, why would you be good within sales etc
Graduate Fasttrack Recruitment Consultant Interview London, England (UK) Give me an interesting fact?