Graham Packaging Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Graham Packaging Interview Questions

Interviews at Graham Packaging

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belvidere, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Belvidere, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview with human resources followed by an interview at the site with the Director of Operations and the same HR person who conducted the phone interview. There was a fair amount of overlap between the 2 interviews which both focused primarily on management style and ability to drive culture change. There was a tour of the facility.

Plant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Graham Packaging in May 2009.

Interview

Phone interview followed by visit to corporate for all day individual interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Bowling Green, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

i received an email requesting an interview very late sunday night. in the email, was an attachment with 10 very in depth questions that needed to be filled out and returned on top of the request for an initial phone screen on monday or tuesday? are you kidding me? what type of response time is that, especially when you already have a job? so i replied with an email and phone call requesting more time to complete the questionaire, but requesting an initial phone screen on tuesday.
    i heard absolutely nothing. judging from the way this was handled by the HR and the questions asked on the form, this plant is in trouble and this company as well. if this is indicative of the culture of the company this is one i would definitely steer clear of unless you like chaos and stress.

Interview Questions

• how would you turn around a plant?   1 Answer

Executive Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Baltimore, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and friendly. It not only focused on the needs of the company but on the needs of the applicant. The management staff were was both focused on their needs but exuded a family friendly atmosphere for the future employees. I can not say enough on how impressed I was with the management staff.

Interview Questions

• What is/are my passions in life.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very flexible and not solely based on salary.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (York, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

They try to push you right away. Interviewed through a temp service because wanted to try them first since they have a bad employee reputation. They push you right away for a commitment because they have so many (4 pages) worth of jobs that need filled and a horrible turnover and employee satisfaction rating.

Interview Questions

• They expect you to want to work for them no matter what they put at you. I wanted to temp there first and see if i liked it and they wanted me to give commitment right away that I was staying. They have a 50% turnover rate and a bad reputation so I wanted to give it a try first. they also have 4 pages of jobs at this particular location that they have trouble hiring applicants for.   1 Answer

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Lancaster, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the company's website. Approximately a week later I was contacted for a telephone interview with HR.

On the day of the interview, the interviewer called me 15 minutes late. Although the position is based in Lancaster, PA, the interviewer was in Texas and was generally unfamiliar with Pennsylvania. The interviewer initially asked me if I lived anywhere near Lancaster (which I do and indicated so my cover letter). I was then VICIOUSLY questioned about my salary history at EVERY JOB I ever had.

I was never asked about my skills or qualifications (not even as camouflage questions to disguise the typical salary questions).

The interviewer then tried to hustle me off the phone without ever discussing the actual position.

The whole process was actually offensive.

It's been several weeks and I've never heard back from Graham, which is okay.

Interview Questions

• What was your salary (starting and ending) at your last position? What was your salary (starting and ending) at your prior job? etc.   3 Answers

Credit and Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Lancaster, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and in a week offered an on site interview. Was to call Manager upon my arrival to gain entrance since there was no longer a Representative to meet people. When I called the Manager was not even at work. Sat for 15 to 20 minutes waiting. Taken to a conference room. He was disorganized asked a few questions about me and my resume. Called a team member down and lectured me about discussing salary range,which was public information.
    She asked about work style, teamwork, change etc. I asked a few questions regarding work flow, businesses and if it looked like they could layoff since there was a merger and potentially streamline and merge processes. He stated we are putting them inline and making them seem way. Asked about international since it was in description, and he stated that is my job. Training his comments was I train and expect you to get job done.
    Told he has a few interviews the next week or so. Had response next day.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a 3 person panel within the company. A regional manager, a supervisor, and an office manager. It was in a comfortable setting and was very relaxing. Each person averaged asking about 3-5 questions. The process was about 30 minutes, start to finish. I was allowed to ask any questions that I wanted to at the end of my interview. The panel was very professional and informative about the company.

Interview Questions

• What three office items would I use as a door stopper?   1 Answer

Packaging Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Bowling Green, KY) in September 2017.

Interview

You take a test with gears and ratios. Pretty simple. If you pass they send you for a drug test and background check. They tell you right away if they want to hire you. It took about 2 weeks to start

Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Graham Packaging (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

Three interviews, two by phone and one face to face. Face to face interview was with two members of management. They talked about the culture of the business and what is to be expected of employees.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with certain test equipment?
      Are you comfortable with data entry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a written offer. I should have negotiated for more.