Grail Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grail Research Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

3.5

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grail Research.

Interview

Initial phone screen, then flew me out to SF to do presentation and multiple panel interviews. Most people I interviewed with were cold, distant, and had next to no idea why they were interviewing me, the role, or how I would be interacting with them on a day to day basis. It was an impressive waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• What are the most common types of cancer?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grail Research.

Interview

The process mainly included a written test and 3 rounds of guess estimates with managers at different hierarchy level. The process ended with a HR round. The interviewrs mainly wanted to check our approach towards the case

Interview Questions

• Estimate the sales of shop which sells lamp shades and other lighting products in Gurgaon.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Grail Research (New Delhi (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

The HR executive had called nearly 20 candidates at 9:30am for the aptitude test.

The test started at 10am (relatively small and understandable delay). After the interview ended at 11, everyone was again moved to the reception. The test served no purpose as no candidates were eliminated on the basis of the test and they asked everyone to stay while they called candidates one by one for guesstimate interviews.

After waiting for TWO Hours I got a call from the HR inside that my interview will be in half hour, so I should have lunch as I may not time after that.

After another hour and a half when I still wasnt called I asked the reception staff to find out how long will it be. They called the HR executives inside and were told that I'll be called in another 10 mins.

After another half hour I again protested and was again told that it'll be another 10 mins.

Now after another half hour at 3:30pm I had already waited for FOUR and a half hours with no information about even if I am making it to the next round. I asked the reception staff to again find out how long it will be.

This time since I expressed serious discomfort and dissappointment over their behaviour the HR executive personally talked to me (on the phone) and showed no regret over the mismanagement and told me that I had no reasons for any complaints as the job description already mentioned that it would an entire day. At this point I just lost it and had to give him a piece of my mind. Even before going for the recruitment process, I had read similar reviews on glass door condemning the unnecessarily long waiting period throughout the day of recruitment but had no idea that it would be so bad. The executive told me that if it was such a problem for me to wait, I can leave. So I did but only after exchanging strong words with the aforementioned HR executive. This kind of mistreatment of job seekers by HR executives is blasphemous and very unprofessional. I would never recommend anyone to go and interview for this firm but only to save them from dealing with GR's discourteous staff.

Interview Questions

• Aptitude test consisting Quant, Logical reasoning, verbal ability   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greater Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grail Research (Greater Noida (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Firstly CVs were shortlisted then one aptitude test was conducted and one paragraph writing was also there and i cleared both the rounds then there were 2 more rounds left which includes guesstimates in both rounds along with basic interview.

Interview Questions

• Their main focus was on your previous job and if u are a fresher then on internship and they wanted to know what motivates you to join Grail.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Grail Research (Noida (India)).

Interview

HR interview
    Written test for 1 hour(Logical, DI, Verbal)
    They will make you wait for 1 hour wait. I was lucky I guess
    Manager round (few questions on cv and then a guesstimate)

Interview Questions

• He/She will give you pen and notebook to solve a guesstimate and will leave the room for approx 20 minutes.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grail Research (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

First of all, there was an online aptitude test of 1 hour consisting of- Quantitative ability, Data Interpretation and an essay. After this, the shortlisted students have been called at the company for the further rounds.
    There were 2 rounds of interview. There was a written case study followed by Hr questions in both the rounds. Overall, the Hr questions were easy and both were typical case studies which were also followed by questions.
    The negative aspect is that the process took the whole day unnecessarily. There was a long waiting period between the rounds.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grail Research (New Delhi (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

I had applied through campus placement. first there was a test on analytical skills. It has questions related to logical reasoning, English comprehension,data handling and an essay. After that there was a case study round, we were given 30 minutes to solve it. Finally it was followed by three rounds of interview.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Grail Research.

Interview

Campus Recruitment
    Online test via aspiring minds , 3 rounds of interview only guess estimates . After this one more round of guess estimate.
    Number of LCD 32 inch TV sold in Delhi in 2014
    Number of DSLR cameras sold in INdia in 2014

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult . 70- 80 per cent female workers . The interviewers are stupid . Gave JD in a ppt and they had no idea what's in the ppt which they mailed .   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Grail Research (New Delhi (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a guesstimate process. Then followed by case study. Then Interview with HR of the company. It was an average interview. Case study was not that difficult. Practice some guesstimate questions and you will get through the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grail Research.

Interview

Interview panel made the candidates feel very comfortable. Smooth process. Quick round . Analytics was tested to the core. Questions were direc . Interviewers were testing basics. Know your resume quite well.

Interview Questions

• How many flights take off from Delhi airport in a day?   Answer Question