Grand Canyon University Admissions Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Grand Canyon University Admissions Counselor Interview Questions

Interviews at Grand Canyon University

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2009.

Interview

The complete interview process was extended over a 2 week period of time. The first was an email received by the HR Department which I had to summarize 10 questions then phone and then panel interview. After that process I was turned down for the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Grand Canyon University

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University in March 2013.

Interview

I was called for a preliminary interview and I had to call back several times in order to get back in touch with the person who called me. When I did, she asked me a few questions which I will indicate in the questions column and then told me that I would have an in-person interview but they had to decide if I would fly to Phoenix or if they would come and interview me in my location. I waited a few days, hadn't heard anything and called back. She made a point to say that she "can't remember all the people she talks to in a day" and that "it was out of her hands". It was very unprofessional and rude. She said the hiring department had my resume and that I should reapply to be considered.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I want to work for GCU, why I felt like I would be a great Admissions Representative, and the usual.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2009.

Interview

Was interviewed by HR over the telephone first; then met with some arrogant young man, then had an interview with department head.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember any of the questions, but they were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received email back with screening questions and phone interview time, replied to screening questions and scheduled phone interview with HR. Had phone interview, then 1:1 interview with same woman from the phone interview. She then told me I had to come back for a panel interview with the managers. I scheduled and attended the panel interview. Did not receive offer after 3rd interview. The whole process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• "As a business we over promise things that we are not able to follow through on. Tell us a time that you did this"
      "Tell us a time a customer didn't know what they wanted"
      "Tell us about a time you gained the trust of a customer"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Sacramento, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was originally referred by the position by a GCU employee. HR Talent Acquisition reached out within a week asking to set up a phone interview. The interview was pretty basic - see questions below - then she asked me to fill out a writing sample. This consisted of three scenario based prompts you might encounter as a counselor. Once I sent that back a secondary interview was set up with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience connect to this position?   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in your next employer?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths?   Answer Question
    • What functions can you use in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1 - 10 how proficient are you with computers?   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to work evenings and weekends? Are you ok with the 60 hour work week?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview that went really well. Then had to do a writing sample. Had 24 hours to do this, just answer sample emails. Then I was called to set up a time to meet with the Program Manager. Was told it was casual and to meet at a coffee shop. I thought I did really well and had a good connection. Boy, was I wrong! The next day all I got was a generalized "no reply" message from their HR Department saying that basically liked someone else and that was the end of that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview is typical, where they ask you t tell them stories about past work experiences and detail scenarios where you solved problems. May the best liar get the job. The initial hiring manager talks to you and then ambushes by sending you to other hiring managers who ask you the same exact questions you were already asked. They fail to tell you that this is just a mere sales position, with quotas that must be hit while you remain expendable. The atmosphere in the building looks miserable. But 40k a year might be worth it if you don't have much of anything else going on. If you're the GCU student, then this job is worth it, as it will help you avoid some debt if you last long enough. If you want free tuition, then the incarceration by way of cubicle might just be worth it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were faced with a challenging task and used your skills to solve it.   Answer Question

Grand Canyon University Response

Aug 31, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Analyst

Assessing candidates to find the best fit for the role, is important to us. While being in a call center environment may not be a fit for some individuals, we find that this model benefits the needs... More

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Grand Canyon University (Orange, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Took about two weeks. applications then phone screening, finally face to face interview. afterwards was offered the position within the same day of the face to face interview. Smooth process and friendly people overall.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have working with a diverse group of people?   1 Answer

Grand Canyon University Response

Apr 16, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Analyst

Welcome to GCE! We are happy to have you on board.